I'm a Spendy McSpenderson !!!
Find a Conversation
|Wed, 01-15-2014 - 11:05am|
I just wanted to come here for a little bit of accountability. I have been spending like crazy since I paid off the debt and I need to get it under control! The holidays were nuts and since then I've been in this blah mood and just let things slide. Good news is that I am still debt free but I have some big expenses coming up!
- Still no debt
- Paying an extra $200 bi weekly on the mortgage
-Budgeted for an extra $400 a month to build up the efund (the plan is to put $400 a month into the efund and then every February dump it all into an RRSP . I will get close to $3k back which I will put right back in the efund and keep doing this until I max out my RRSPs.
- I have set up my company pension / savings plan. I am contributing 5% and with the company match I am getting 13%
- Trip to Vegas in April is paid including spending money :)
- I love the new job! The hours are better, the salary is better and the work is much more interesting!!!
- Very low sinking funds/ efund (like stupidly low)
- Mindless spending. I couldn't even tell you where the last few hundred dollars is gone. I suspect to eating out !!!
- Up coming vet bill. My dog chipped his tooth. Depending on what the x-ray says it will cost anywhere from $600 -1100. Eek.
- Up coming Ireland trip. My sister and I made a pact that when we were both done university we would travel to Ireland and visit the place where my grandfather was born. My tax return will cover this, but I have to book in the next few weeks so I will have to cover the flight before the tax return.
- Haven't kick boxed in two months. Still paying for the membership, I just need to get myself back in the right head space to get there. I am hoping next week once I am better (home sick with the flu)
So all in all things are good. I am starting to enjoy life and do things I have always wanted to do. I just need to make sure that I don't go completely overboard with spending. I know I blew it over Christmas but its better late than never right?!?
So all in all things are really good. I hope the new year is being great to everyone here!!!