January 2012 Goals

iVillage Member
January 2012 Goals
Thu, 12-29-2011 - 10:18pm

I have bumped up the December 2011 Goals, how did you do? DId you make it through the holidays *and* accomplish your goals?

Let us know how you did! Feel free to post your January Goals too so we can cheer you on!

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2011 - 9:28am

I did alright for the most part I do believe...

December Goals
1) Finish Christmas shopping.

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2011 - 10:19am

Lets see what is happening:

Dec 2011 goals:

1. Continue to clean out basement and make the best use of our space down there. Think about some small renovations in the new year.

Ummm, we haven't done any more cleaning out really. There are few things I could do. We just need to start renovations now. We bought the shower stall. DH sort of looked at it and it isn't a perfect fit. So we will have to build a funky looking wall, but it is in a super tricky spot and not easy. Nothing would be perfect we are convinced now so we will just have to go with it, however, I think this has deterred DH again. He has had a whole week off and felt like he hasn't accomplished much. He has, but I think he list was too long to begin with.

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2011 - 10:52am
December Goals were pretty simple:
I had no November goals (ick) but my December goals are pretty easy . . . Keep to Christmas budget and up the savings a little bit. I still have to decide what to do in my next phase (i.e. target the large student loan agressively OR put money in RRSP savings and uset he tax return to pay of the debt). Still tyring to figure it out!) .

Happy to say all were met :)
My January goals are also pretty simple:
1) Get a second quote to finish the basement. I am thinking that I can do the demo myself so if I can get the cost to around $10K all said and done, it's absolutely worth doing;

2) Figure out my long term plan for the year. Still up in the air about a few things so I need to figure out my plan of attack. I was going to do this over the break but the chaos that ensued side tracked me!

3) Lost 5 lbs :) I am in a wedding January 28 and I want to be in MUCH better shape than I am in now!!!

Bex -

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2011 - 11:57am

Let's see, my goals for January:

1. 1. Make the first big snowflake on a credit card balance, now that I've transferred $25,000 to a very low interest rate loan.
  2. 2. Stay in my budget. Stay vigilant about spending.
  3. 3. I just fnished my online dating profile, and hopefully I'll get to meet some people before too long. This would be a new experience.

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2011 - 12:32pm

My December Goals were:

* Finish my Christmas shopping, continue to research and think before I buy, even as the time runs out - no panic shopping allowed! got this done, within budget!

* Add to my home improvement fund - $1500 as of today, I have added $2900, I had a bonus that I wasn't counting on, so that bumped it up higher than I had planned on.

* set goals for the year, financial and personal I did this, and posted the financial ones in the 2012 Goals on this board.

* enjoy the season and all the little moments and memories yep, but ready to be past the holidays.

My January Goals are:

* Fund my Roth for 2012. I am going to aim for the full $5K. I have vacation time to cash in, so that will go towards this.

* if I am lucky enough to get the above goal complete early, I will put the rest of my savings into my home improvements fund. the final goal is $6K. I am at $2900 right now.

* shop for a sofa, if we find one, it will come out of the home improvement fund. Hope we can find one that works!

that's about it for me this month!

Good luck everyone!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2011 - 1:50pm
Good luck with the online dating!! That's how I met my current BF (and my ex too for that matter). A word of caution, you have to weed through a LOT of people to get to those who are right for you so don't get frustrated!!!

Bex -

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2011 - 2:20pm

My January Goals

1 - Get back on track with a budget on paper, goals and tracking spending. We've let things go a good deal in November/December and stopped tracking, put our heads in the sand a

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2011 - 3:19pm

I can start the new year with new goals for January.

Norma

"Patience is the best remedy for every trouble"- Plautus

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2011 - 11:46pm

Hmmm...goals for January 2012.

1) Keep current bills caught up.

2) Limit Von Maur shopping. Christmas is over. Everything was FABULOUS and everyone loved their great gifts, but you need to chill out on all the good deals you are finding on the clearance racks. I will not shop every Wednesday, I will not shop every Wednesday, I will not shop every Wednesday...Wednesday's are second and third markdown day. Seriously, I know all of the sales girls and they all know me. They even know my phone number by heart because I am constantly ordering items in different sizes from other stores *shakes head in shame.*

3) Make at least one flake to CC#1.

4) Figure out the best option for making DH's raise count ($1.00 per hour). I want to make it "disappear" in a good way instead of blowing it as quick as we get it.

JenAaron.jpg picture by jen2075

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-31-2011 - 2:14pm

January 2012 Goals

1. Get everything in order to file my taxes. Should be pretty easy this year since I don't own anything having sold my house and being done with all things divorce related.

2. Not put a single thing on credit. I will admit I have not been good with this the last 3 months of 2011 so I am getting back on track,

3. Stay on budget while I am on vacation in FL. My ticket was a Christmas gift from my parents and I am staying with them so costs should be very low.

4. Flake at least $150 that I was previously been putting toward a loan (that I have paid off) and have that go directly to snowflakes on my CC.

Good Luck everyone!

Pages