January 2013 Goals

iVillage Member
January 2013 Goals
Sat, 12-29-2012 - 11:20am

here comes 2013!!! whether we like it or not :)

How did you do with your December Goals? Didn't set any? Join us in January with your financial or otherwise goals, we can support and cheer you on!

The more the merrier!

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-29-2012 - 11:31am

My December Goals were:

*Enjoy the holiday season. Complete my shopping, wrapping, baking and socializing. have fun!! ~~ I did enjoy, had a great time, enjoyed my family and friends

*continue saving plan~~ I did, and then I didn't. Ha! I saved, and then decided to reroute the savings back to my mortgage, my original plan. My mortgage balance is now at the February 2021 balance.

*begin 2013 goal setting, including savings goals for: home repairs, vacations, home improvements, heating, roth ira, traditional ira & christmas 2013. ~~ I have set my goals for each of these categories and am ready to tackle them one at a time!

My January Goals are:

* Begin my savings plan. Set aside money in each of the above mentioned categories until all are met. I don't think I will get them all done, it's a lot!

* Continue my healthy eating and exercising. I have lot 29 pounds so far and am so excited about this!

Good luck everyone!

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-29-2012 - 11:31am

My December Goals were:

*Enjoy the holiday season. Complete my shopping, wrapping, baking and socializing. have fun!! ~~ I did enjoy, had a great time, enjoyed my family and friends

*continue saving plan~~ I did, and then I didn't. Ha! I saved, and then decided to reroute the savings back to my mortgage, my original plan. My mortgage balance is now at the February 2021 balance.

*begin 2013 goal setting, including savings goals for: home repairs, vacations, home improvements, heating, roth ira, traditional ira & christmas 2013. ~~ I have set my goals for each of these categories and am ready to tackle them one at a time!

My January Goals are:

* Begin my savings plan. Set aside money in each of the above mentioned categories until all are met. I don't think I will get them all done, it's a lot!

* Continue my healthy eating and exercising. I have lot 29 pounds so far and am so excited about this!

Good luck everyone!

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-29-2012 - 2:06pm

Can't find the December goals. Im not sure I set any?

Jan 2013 Goals:

1. Put $500 extra on my roof loan. This is not guaranteed but I'm going to try.

2. don't go overboard on groceries, try to use up what I have, make sure things don't get freezer burnt.

3. Keep the bonspeil to a minimum for spending.

4. Try to go on a date night, my girl friend wants to babysitt!

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-29-2012 - 3:24pm

January goals:

Start paying FIL on car loan

Save $300 towards vacation

Organize and register for DS's extra currics and school classes

Buy DS a guitar

Start researching summer camps- decide on 2

Stay within grocery budget $170 week

Walk dogs 3x week

Try out Zumba

December goals were:

No more gift shopping-did not happen  did some shopping on the 23rd

Keep the house 'company ready' DId not happen-cleaning on the 23rd

Sign DS up for archery-next session filled

Visit SIL and BIL and be pleasant-I was pleasant and didn't have to fake it- we had a nice time

See the Hobbit, Life of Pi, and the new Twilight movies- saw and enjoyed all but Life of Pi

Get to the Field Museum--Extrmeme Mammal exhibit-tickets for 1/1

Gingerbread house made and 2 types of cookies baked-Accomplished
$500 in short term saving-Accomplished

$250 short term saving towards vacation-This money went towards last minute mini shopping spree

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-29-2012 - 8:14pm
  1. My Dec goals
  2. 1)Stop shopping -lol that didnt happen but I did do pretty good!
  3. 2)Pay off the last 310 on Jcpenny-Happy to say this I did get done!
  4. 3)Pay as much as possible on Kohl's  owe 1001- didn't do very good on this

Jan Goals

My husband just had shoulder surgery so no extra income for about 4 months so I am going to try to stay ahead and just pay extra on afew cards.

Get a different car maybe shouldn't but I hate my van so really would like to trade it in for a pacifica so we will see what happens!

Mandy

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-29-2012 - 9:30pm

I only have one goal for January: get back to keeping track of my spendings on a weekly basis. 

I am not expecting to make progress, since I have crowns and other medical expenses, not to mention business trips. But I can take the first step towards getting things back in control.

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-30-2012 - 9:35am

January Goals:

400.00 flake to Kohl's card

Pay in cash for family pics....clothes and pic cost

Have $ left over from blow money

Work a extra shift this month above my normal overtime ;0

Gather tax info

Michelle

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-31-2012 - 10:27am

Goal #1 - Stick FIRMLY to my Christmas Budget!  Doing good so far.  I have $470 left and enough money to do all the shopping except for DH & myself.  He is suppose to cover that part.  

Goal #2 - Finish paying my employer the $100 I owe for purchasing some fencing at Home Depot.  I can do this easily.

Goal #3 - Watch that darn food budget closer.  It's been horrible lately.  DH is not traveling as much and working from home.  I think he eats more than the horse and six dogs combined!  

Take care everyone!

December 31, 2012

Goal #1 was accomplished on my part.  I stayed within my alloted budget.  However, hubby only came up with $60 for both our gifts... Oh well, I am an adult :)  

Goal #2 - I only owe my employer $14.49, which I will finish this Friday.  I could pay it today, but I'm very tight on my budget and need to wait until hubby gets paid on Thursday.  

Goal #3 - This food budget is still the going to be the death of me.  I cooked a lot from scratch the last couple of weekends and DH has pitched in helping purchase some things that we run out of between grocery trips every other week.  He starts traveling a lot in January and that will help a lot on the food budget. 

JANUARY 2013 GOALS 

#1 - Pay all medical bills as they come.  I have three doctor appts. in January.  One has a $35 co-pay another has a $50 co-pay and I have a mammogram that the insurance will only cover the mammogram and not the follow up ultra sound that I always have to have extra.  Bummer....insurance stinks.  

#2 - Try to save as much money as possible for the efund.  Due to the number of paychecks I hope to save at least $1,000.  Wish me luck!

#3 - Try to stay happy....this is sometimes a struggle.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-31-2012 - 4:58pm

Ugh. I can't even think about my December goals. Not my financial goals, anyway :).

For January, I will have one goal: to come up with a budget for the year. I know we make enough but we are so often caught un-awares and that tells me we just don't plan enough in advance. 

January goals:

- Develop year-long budget

- Pay everything on time

- Don't add to our debt load at all

Didi

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-01-2013 - 3:42pm
I didn't have any December goals as I hadn't been on the board in several years, but now that 2013 is here I'm jumping back on board. 1. Write down EVERY penny I spend. 2. Finish paying off the balance on my credit card, currently $810.24. 3. Work as much overtime as I can.

~leanne

deciding to be happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect, but that you had decided to look beyond the imp

Pages