Need to make a decision on Surgical bill

Community Leader
Registered: 08-25-2006
Need to make a decision on Surgical bill
Fri, 11-04-2011 - 5:07pm

I believe my 3 months is up on November 15th to either pay in full or transfer balance due to private lender at about 16% interest.

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-01-2009
Fri, 11-04-2011 - 7:14pm
Im not a wise lady but Serenity...why pay 16% when you have access to 11% credit card.....

iVillage Member
Registered: 05-28-2011
Sat, 11-05-2011 - 10:20pm
Can you negotiate with them? I had a medical bill transferred and I barely paid it off
iVillage Member
Registered: 12-16-2010
Sun, 11-06-2011 - 9:45am

I would try calling them and maybe they would extend the time frame.

iVillage Member
Registered: 04-10-2003
Sun, 11-06-2011 - 11:11am
I agree. See if you can you ask for an extension. An extra few months may make all the difference in the world!

If this is not an option, I would use the CC as the interest rate is lower than the 16%. Good luck!

Bex -