Post 'em here!
Since I am just starting back I did not have
Urgh! I lost my previous post, had it all typed out!
Let's see how Oct went
1. Roof? LOL! I know this ongoing but
My October financial goals were:
1) Estimate Income Taxes for this year and start plannig on how to pay them
2) Revisit cell phone plan and perhaps move to my parents family plan to save money
3) Review my auto/home insurance and look to see if they give an AARP discount and/or increase deductables
4) Estimate 2012 out of pockets meds/dental/vision and make plan to save for it
5) Increase my contribution to our emergency fund by $75.00 (which I managed to find by tweaking last month's budget.
Let's see here...
OCTOBER GOALS:1) Continue not charging on the card(s).
My October Goals were:
** Set aside the money for the tree removal. ~$1100 this has been paid for. cash!
** Pay an extra $1200 towards my Visa charges Done!
** I have set some 2012 savings goals for myself. I am going to start these in October. I know, I am weird.
"Patience is the best remedy for every trouble"- Plautus
Trying to get back on track after some recent bumps in the road!
1) Start to rebuild Efund (Dipped into it for a couple of things this month, cat got very sick and needed surgery at the vet, etc.)
2) No charging!
3) Continue to work on Citibank card (balance still around $800)
4) Start Christmas shopping--no credit cards allowed!
1. Get those meals under further control and the grocery budget in check. Goal is $300 for the month. But we talked this week and since we are running so much we do want to connect more, and want to add a dinner out each week.We actually ate very little and did spend less than $300 for the month.
2. Do my two business trips this month without any personal spending so I net out to the plus side of expense checks.Well I did spend about $250, but that was offset with over $500 in expense money coming back to me, so $200 will go back into the Efund.
3. Stop spending - new clothes have been purchased for both myself and DH, new shoes and we did the laundry room cupboards and shelving, so I need to be satisfied for a while.Well that didn't happen - I got new sheets and some more new clothes - but I didn't have jeans that fit anymore!