November 2013 Goals

iVillage Member
November 2013 Goals
Thu, 10-31-2013 - 8:16am

Hello DSG team! Hope you all had a wonderful October, did you set some goals? If so, how did you do accomplishing them?

what do you plan to take care of in November? Tell us so we can cheer you on! all are welcome!

p.s. congrats to the BOSTON RED SOX!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-31-2013 - 9:50pm

October Goals were:

Pay $125.00 on CC. Not Done.

Put $200.00 in Savings. Not Done.

Determine a path for work. Is the old job going to be able to bring me back? Are we shooting for a new job? We are shooting for a new job. There isn't a lot of hope at the old job. The rest of the staff has been cut to 35 hours per week.

Execute path for work. I am actively and agressively seeking work. I botched one interview miserably, but thankfully it was through a temp agency, and the temp agency advised me what the problems were, so I am using it as a learning experience. (I haven't done this in a very long time.)

Continue breastfeeding. This is going great! Baby girl is now up by three pounds from her bottom weight, and two pounds from her birth weight. 

Lose weight. (No specific amount just yet. Waiting for a plateau after having baby.) Still dropping, although it has slowed. I am not concerned or doing anything other than logging my food. The log basically determines if I get ice cream before bed. :) I have dropped 38 lbs so far, and am hoping to lose another 60. Baby and me come first.

Enjoy Birthday, just a little! This was a bit of a bust. Funds were low, so there wasn't any big celebration. Oh well.

November Goals

Pay $75.00 on Credit Card.

Put $200.00 in Savings.

Continue agressively seeking work.

Continue to lose weight, slow and steady.

Community Leader
Thu, 10-31-2013 - 4:24pm

October Goals:

1.  Get ODD's car fixed and look at changing insurance coverages.  Car is not fixed yet, but I did make some adjustments to the insurance and it is saving us monthly.

2.  Put $100 a week into savings envelope towards replacement car in the spring.  Did not start this yet, we ended up having some bigger expenses than planned this month.

3. Get through both parents visit weekend and company beach weekend with minimum extra expenses. - Did this well!

4.  Continue one day a week no spending days. Continued this

5.  Continue ringing my breakfast and lunch to work at least 3-4 days a week.  I was probably closer to 2-3 days a week for breakfast and lunch, but still better than nothing.

6.  Continue with at least 2-3 days a week attending lunch time cross fit class.  I ended up needing to take some time off of this, but am back at it this week again.'

November goals: 

1.  Get ODD's car fixed. 

2.  Put $100 a week into savings envelope towards replacement car in the spring.  

3.  Get plane tickets booked for Michigan for Christmas and decide on accommodations for the trip.

4.  Continue ringing my breakfast and lunch to work at least 3-4 days a week. 

5.  Continue with at least 2-3 days a week attending lunch time cross fit class. 

6. Decide on and stick to a holiday budget.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-31-2013 - 2:19pm

Well, I did get both the last student loan payment and the dental bill paid off so other than credit cards (and current car loan) everything else is paid off! Laughing

For November my goals are:

1. 1. Pay more again towards credit cards.  I have been making good payments except for this month because I was furloughed for 2 1/2 weeks. While I did get paid for one week I filed for unemployment for the second week.  I just got the debit card which should cover groceries for the next month (but nothing else really).
  2. 2. Put more in the emergency/college fund. Now that I am gainfully employed again I can do this again.
  3. 3. Get the plumbing fixed in the upstairs bathroom.We have had low water pressure for quite a few years for the hot water in the upstairs bathroom. It has gotten worse (especially since the lightning strike). I finally got a plumber yesterday about it and he is supposed to send us an estimate. It will require repiping the upstairs since it has galvanized pipe and needs to be changed over to copper. I'm hoping the estimate won't be too horrible. Anything more than $1k will give us some pause.
  4. 4. Now that my thyroid level is back to a good state I hope I can start to lose some of the weight I gained from that!
signature 
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-31-2013 - 1:37pm
No October goals because I was too much in transit! I'm still in transit but not as badly as before:) 1) Lose 4 lbs! This is critical! I can't wear my jean because they are too tight! I've just been off my schedule so much that I haven't felt like doing anything! 2) Set up an auto payment to add to new mortgage payment. I increased mortgage on the condo and my goal is to have the additional part paid off in 5 years! 3) Pay an additional $500 on student loan. I just paid off $5k with the money from the car!!!! If I can add another $500 I will be under $12k! 4) save another $400 for office furniture. That room is he junk room so I need to get some new furniture. Instead of buying something that I'm so so about because its cheap, I want to buy something I love so I'm saving up for it!

Bex -

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-31-2013 - 12:22pm

October Goals:  

1)  Save more  ....ACCOMPOLISHED!

2)  Start a Christmas list  .....In my head only...it sheldom changes year to year.  Dear Grandson has already supplied a list, lol.

3)  Cook some budget stretching meals that are also healthy.  Explore more veggies for yummy soups.

I've done a little more, but hubby has been traveling in Europe and was gone for 8 days, so it was just me and the dogs.

NOVEMBER GOALS: 

1)  Get HVAC Serviced  

2) Install a new fan/light in bathroom.  Going to attempt to do this ourself. (wish us luck)  and see if we can get the new outside flood light to work we installed in the summer.  I have a backup light I purchased on clearance for $8 in the garage.  We cannot figure out why someone put so much sodier on the previous light.

3)  Finish cleaning the carpet and the rest of the windows before it turns cold.  I did the whole upstairs while hubby was in Germany but I need to do the den carpet downstairs and declutter.

4)  Try to get a plummer to the house to fix my leaking bathtub.  This has been on my "to do" list for almost a year.  I moved into hubby's bathroom and I think he's getting tired of all the shampoo and bath gel bottles, LOL

5) Save another $500 ....doing good so far!

Most of all.....stop and enjoy life!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-31-2013 - 10:06am

Lets see how Oct went...

Oct 2013 Goals:

1. Pay property taxes, all saved in our sinking funds(best idea ever those sinking funds)

This is accomplished! They should come out of the account tomorrow or next week.

2. Stop  the extra spending(we got new smart phones and bunch of other things in Sept), stop the bleedng. But i need new shoes for work as I will be on my feet a lot, so after that lol!

We haven't done a lot of extra spending except for that one large farm expense that I wrote about earlier. We have not paid for that yet because the credit card is not due yet.  That will be in November.  Sigh. 

3. Cook from scratch and eat better. Lay off the eating out!

I have been bringing my lunch to work when needed. I have been going to McDonalds a little but mostly have been getting the Mcdoubles. They are are $1.40 with tax! My lunches that I bring are probably more than that lol. 

November 2013 Goals:

1. I have 2 trips planned....one is to the the states and one is up North to see my dad. I am going to try to keep these trips to a minimum(flight paid for, for the the 2nd trip already) but honestly I think my Credit card is going to be limping. i hope I can get it all paid off before Christmas. I never go anywhere. I want to Christmas shop and would spend that money anyway. I am telling myself I deserve this even though we can't really afford the trip to the states. I do have some American money saved but it isn't going to be enough. 

2. Get a pay check! I have started working and am looking forward to getting paid! Perhaps I  can get some extra shifts in November or December. The training is going well. 

3. I think we are starting potty training! I need potties! We will probably get some in the states. She does show signs of being ready and has done everything else very early. We will see how it goes and if she needs more time, that is what we will give her. I just have a feeling here it could happen. And no more diapers????? Wow, that would be an expense I could put behind me forever and my grocery bill will hurt a lot less! 

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-31-2013 - 8:45am

My October Goals were:

* Lose 4 pounds I lost 2.4 pounds, I am happy with this, more forward progress!

* Pay extra towards car loan I did, I paid a lot towards the principle, my ultimate goal is to get this to zero in early 2014

* start the holiday prep. get a shopping list together - names & ideas  I put together a list of names and scheduled a day off from work to get the bulk of my shopping done, but I have no ideas yet :)

* research and get at least 2 more roof estimates, I have one verbal quote already. Not sure if this is a 2013 or 2014 project.  I did not do this

* I have a week's vacation scheduled. First of all, I just hope that it happens. If it does, keep spending in check, yet - have a great time. I can bo both :)  I got to take the time off and loved it. Spending stayed in check.

* Finish up preparing for a November girls weekend, figure out budget  My weekend away is this weekend, can't wait. It's going to be low key, not too spendy

My November Goals are:

* Lose 4 pounds

* prep for a vacation I have planned in early December

* finish holiday shopping, wrap everything, get the holiday baking done

* get my Visa down to a zero balance

Good luck everyone!