Total Damage . . . $7K :(
Find a Conversation
|Thu, 01-05-2012 - 8:40pm|
So I had a few quotes for furnaces. Once all is said and done, I am out of pocket $7k :(
The good news:
1) The install happens tomorrow. I am considered a priority because I am considered a "no heat" home and therefore they bump the other jobs (which are homes that are under construction);
2) I ended up replacing the furnace and air conditioner. With the package deal and rebates that are ending in March, it only cost me about $2K more if I did it now versus $4k if I wait.
3) My AC is in a really odd spot. They are going to relocate it to the other side of the house;
4) The furnace and AC are highly efficiency and will save a boat load on utilities (no wonder they were so high for one person)
5) I got a 6 month deferred payment program so no payments and no interest for 6 months. That will give me time to get the rebates as well as my tax return. In the meantime my mortgage is up for renewal so I may look into a line of credit to get a low rate.
All in all I'm suprisingly calm for someone who just dropped $7k. Oh well. Life goes on . ..