wow! I was able to logon! June Goals 2013

iVillage Member
wow! I was able to logon! June Goals 2013
Tue, 06-04-2013 - 2:42pm

It's a miracle!

How did you do with reaching your goals set in May?

What do you hope to accomplish in the month of June?

please share with us what's on your radar so we can cheer you on!

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-06-2013 - 4:56pm
Congratulations!!!!
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-06-2013 - 4:54pm

Finally got in too.  I had just about gave up.  

June Goals:  

Finishing paying employer off - Balnce around $30

Try to build up some savings for a small out of town trip to Charleston, SC with hubby. All expenses covered by company except a meal or two.  Feel lucky to get to go :) 

Lowered cable bill another $12.  Still trying to offset the $28 a month increase in the electric bill.

Still extremely worried about status of job....NOT looking good  :(

Have a great Friday!  

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-06-2013 - 11:59am

As some of you know, I have been losing weight, doing a popular program.......WW. They have message boards and have a daily thread called "Financially Fit Hotties". With daily accountability, and monthly goals, just like us here. It is very active and you can participate as often as you want to. You also do not have to be a member to use the message boards......just an idea.

Karen - congrats on your new adventure, I am so excited for you! Are you feeling anxious? Excited? I wish you all the best!

as for my May Goals:

* get final cost for landscaping improvements. I have no idea on this one, so I am ready for anything. Once we get some pricing we can decide if we can do everything we want, parts of it, none of it? I have got verbal quotes from 4 landscaping companies, the one that I asked for in writing has been ignoring me. I have an idea of who I will do the project with, but will most likely wait until the fall now.

* Start a painting project, about $200? This will also come from the home improvement fund. Project not started, but we have chosen a color.

* lose 4-5 more pounds excited to say that I lost 4.2 pounds!

* begin adding to my savings account. I am aiming for $2200. I added $2700

My June Goals are:

* maybe start painting? I need very dry air, so we'll see if the weather cooperates. and if I have the patience for this, lol

* Lose 4-5 more pounds

* Add $2700 to savings

* I may have to buy a car soon. I am so sad about this, I really do not want to. My car is paid off, but having some major issues, just to diagnose the problem is a minimum of $2000, which is not a smart move. So, I will start researching how much I can get for my car and how much a new one will be. :(

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-06-2013 - 8:06am
I have to admit Dee I am starting to look for other boards. I've had it with this one. I can understand having some troubles, but this is absolutely crazy . . . and the fact that there has been NO communication and NO apology really get's me going. If I find a cool board I'll make sure to let everyone here know :) As for me, I don't remember my May goals, but for June I want to pay down another $1500 in debt. Pretty simple. But my tracking is way off because of the stupid boards so I have to start keeping track on my own I think!

Bex -

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-06-2013 - 8:04am
Awesome Karen! This is so exciting for you. You must be nervous and excited all at once!!!

Bex -

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-05-2013 - 10:39pm

Crazy...that will be a huge transition. Are you scared or excited?

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-05-2013 - 10:37pm

I didn't have any May goals so I can honestly say I didn't fail. I went on a spending spree...but we paid for it w/money from DH's overtime. We made all our regular debt payments, just not extra.

I do have a goal to stick to budget in No extra spending at ALL. Our vacation is going to be frugal...I'll be preparing lots of food before we go.

I am just so glad to have folks back on here. This place is becoming so quiet :( My other board went to facebook...which I don't understand bc facebook is not anonymous and more importantly, if I spent all my time there I would NEVER have "met" any of the nice ivillage folks I've met!

Dee

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-04-2013 - 6:05pm

OMG I got on!!!! I have been trying since I don't know when!!!

I don't know what my May goals were.....??

I have some news though...sort of. I don't count it done until I receive the check but I did deposit the deposit check they gave me(I put the amount on my roof loan). I SOLD MY STORE(private sale). I wasn't really trying but I got an offer and we did and offer to purchase through lawyers and it will go through Sept 1, 2013. I'm not sure what this means for me. A new chapter I suppose. I hope to have some equity coming out of this perhaps for a house,  but of course will not have a job lol. I will go back to work full time in the middle of July at the store. I am giving my baby sitter a few days of work in June and the first part of July. My staff is taking holidays in July and August so I am back full time for 6 weeks until then. So yes, three months and I will have to find something else to do! I have told my self I can polish a resume but I am not allowed to look for a job until Sept 1st. I might even get some time off?  Shocker! My husband does't believe me I won't have something lined up lol. I'm still  a little stunned lol.

So June Goals, 

1. Do a resume?? Its been so long. I have jotted down a few ideas I want on it but have no idea. Marie! Help! Is there something online I can look at ?

2. Plan an exit strategy. I have started a little but need to speak to my accountant and call a few agencies and make a more detailed list of things I need to do.

That is it for now! I miss everyone!! What happened to the board?