Accountability 10/22

Community Leader
Accountability 10/22
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 1:59pm

I didn't spend much, but more than I had planned.

$3.78 at Taco Bell

$6.00 at Dutch Bros.

$7.00 on bang trim

SO paid for dinner Friday night and another trip to Dutch Bros. 

Forgot to cancel our free month of Netflix, so $7.99 on my CC. 

Just a FYI on TV's:  bad luck with Vizio SO purchased about a month ago.  Found out when trying to watch a DVD that two of the 3 ports were bad.  Exchanged and remote would not work.  Done with Vizios.  Got a Sharp and much happier!  My 4 year old flat screen is a Sony.  The only good thing was that Walmart makes it easy to return things.  Ended up with a guy I trust at Best Buy to purchase the Sharp.

I didn't spend much, but also didn't get any groceries or gas.   

Serenity
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 3:16pm

On Friday my DF was out of town.  It was also a no spend day which was nice.

Saturday the DF and I went shopping for some purchases related to our upcoming wedding.  I bought a lavender shawl in case it's a bit crisp outside during the ceremony and picture taking.  My DF lost his leather belt so we bought him two new ones plus some new socks.  Macy's was having a one day sale so we got everything 50% off.   Total spent was $93.00.

Sunday the DF was at work the majority of the afternoon and night.  I went to the library; read a magazine, wrote in my diary and people watched all for free except the cost of a muffin $1.91.

So it was a quiet and low-cost week-end.  Very much unlike this coming week-end...we're getting married this Saturday Smile

Kassandra

"It is said that life has its peaks and valleys.  The challenge is to accept them equally and experience them

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 6:49pm

Well, it was a spendy one for me, but it was planned for a long time and actually saved for.

$700-Birthday party at party place for my 7yo DS. It was his first "big" party with classmates and friends and worth every penny.

$110 groceries

$60 gas for 2 cars

$18 lunch out Sunday after the park-came out of grocery money this week

Next week will be much, much lower

Shell

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 8:43pm
Ouch $700! Anything to do with kids costs money these days, doesn't it? We had a nice weekend with friends over Saturday night ($60 on pizza and food/drink), and the kids had friends over Sunday (leftovers so cost us nothing)! DD is turning 16 in a couple of weeks and we managed to buy her a new laptop for $350! We had budgeted $500 so we were thrilled at the price (30% off sale) :) Hope everyone has a nice week
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 9:02pm

We are just bleeding money here every week...

- $600 to get the brakes fixed on Friday

- $115 for groceries (but it was $170 before gift certificates - earned through pallet collection & surveys). Which is way too high considering we spent $300 last week!

- $40 on gas

- $55 on family dinner out

- $8 for a swim at community pool

- $20 for Starbucks (friday &sunday)

we did get a free starbucks drink and saved approx $80 in babysitter fees bc I worked from home (during nap, before and after kids went to bed)...I also passed up an opportunity to play hockey $20...

Dee (formerly Passion8te, just can't get that nic to work)

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 10:31am

Went to visit family. $350 spent. Hoping to have a frugal week, but need to order school pictures, and likely get groceries, sigh.