Accountability 11/18/13

Community Leader
Accountability 11/18/13
Mon, 11-18-2013 - 11:55am

I spent most of the weekend on homework and a test.  (Of which I failed, ugh!)  I think I should have taken this higher math as a hybrid instead of all on-line. 

Anywho, point being I don't think I spent a dime.  DH bought pizza Friday night, I cooked Saturday  night and he took me out last night after I failed my test. 

Serenity CL making a second marriage work

Serenity
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-18-2013 - 2:42pm

I'm here, reading, but have been rather busy. This was a low spend weekend. $100 in groceries, three movie rentals, and $25 in pizza. I wasn't up to cooking after having surgery on Friday.

Trying to keep spending at a minimum. I am starting back to the part time job to fill a few gaps next week, three days per week. Nothing yet on the job front. 

-Jan

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-19-2013 - 11:31am

We are doing well, still throwing $ at the mortgage...getting really sick of it but can see the end in site.  The company I work for has had a very sucessful 30th year in business & I'm hoping for a little extra in my annual bonus in Dec, but regardless it should be enough to finish off the mortgage.  Not really too excited about turning 50 in a few weeks, but we get to celebrate with a free 3 night trip to Wendover with my parents & friends.  Trying to get organized for the holidays cooking Thanksgiving but need to find some low carb recipes.  My DIL is 7 mths pregnant & the size of baby is already a month ahead so we need to have some low calorie foods.  I think we'll do mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes.  Really excited for our 2nd grandchild, he will arrive in Jan. 

Have a good & frugal week

cindylee

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-19-2013 - 11:11pm

Serenity - sorry to hear about the test!

Racerchic - hope you heal quickly :)

Cindy99 - I'm a tad jealous, I've never gotten a bonus, haha...

We have been doing great! I have been using VIA starbucks and cut down to 1-2x/week from a daily habit. We only ordered pizza one night as a treat for the boys. We haven't taken them to any restaurants - even Mcdonalds for 2 weeks. We did splurge on running shoes for us but got a fantastic deal at $50 each (we both play sports so need good shoes).

We are still struggling to get the EF up...so I am very glad we made these changes or we would be farther back.

Dee