Accountability 1/28

iVillage Member
Accountability 1/28
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 9:54am

How was everyone's weekend? I spent most of it cleaning my house!!! I organized the entire basement (which left me with a boat load of stuff that needs to head to the trash). The good news is my spending was awesome. $10.00 on wine with a colleague after work (BF and I went out for drinks but he paid . . . his turn). $55 on groceries and that's it. I talked myself down from a BIG ledge. The Roomba robotic vaccum was on sale and I was thisclose to buying it! Then I thought about how dumb that would be when all I have to do is take 10 minutes a day to vaccum myself. So that was good! I also negated the need to buy another shelf to store stuff in the laundry. I just went and cleaned out a closed downstairs, found an extra set of drawers and reorganized that way! Now I am good to go with a clean, organized house (it feels good!)

So my debt is as follows:

Car Loan as of 01/21/2013: 6764.19

Car Loan as of 01/28/2013: 6764.19

Difference: $0

Student Loan as of 01/21/2013: $19,068.62

Student Loan as of 01/28/2013: $18,946.92

Difference:  $121.70

HELOC as of 01/21/2013: 12,098.16

HELOC as of 01/28/2013: 11,981.31

Difference: $116.85

Total debt as of Jan 6, 2013: $38,592.31

Total debt as of Jan 21, 2013: $37,930.97

Total debt as of Jan 28, 2013: $37,692.42

Difference from last week: $268.55

Difference from start of year: $899.89

Bex -

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-30-2013 - 2:48am
We had a spendy w/end here. Friday we celebrated DS1's bday. $45 for bowling/pizza/pop, $25 cake, $60 presents. Sat was my hockey game. $12 for kid's dinner at the rink & $25 in beer for us :) Sun we went for dinner at SIL's place and spent $0. We just about bought a cellphone this w/end. We still might. DH is on call everyday and I'm constantly worried at my evening classes that we don't have a baby sitter...and that he needs me to come home early...but there is no way to get me w/o a phone! Dee
Community Leader
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 4:38pm

Bex - Keep up the great work!  Good for you not buying that vacuum thing. Money Mouth

Kac - I know what you mean with tween still having some of that baby fat.  My DD finally out grew some of that between just plain growing and taking PE in 6th grade.  She will never be tiny (she is tall and still solid) but that belly finally went down.  We also struggled for a few years.  The adult stuff doesn't fit quite right, either.  And it seems rare to find plus sizes any longer in kids sizes, which is really what some of these kids need.  

As far as my weekend, I don't think I spent anything.  We cooked at home and SO paid for fast food on Saturday night.  Worked on homework and some stuff around the house.  Didn't go out much at all.  A dollar in the AA basket was about it.  Need groceries though this week.  

Serenity
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 12:37pm

Bex, I like the way you are keeping track of your debt repayments!  That will be a nice fat number by the end of the year!  We had a good weekend, I organized & cleaned our bathroom & under the bathroom sink, had a whole garbage bag to haul out.  We went to friends for dinner Sat night I took a bottle of wine I had gotten as a gift at Christmas time & made cookies for desert that I had gotten as a christmas gift as well so it didn't cost us anything.  I did finish up our taxes also this weekend & we will get a $2100 refund.  We are getting ready to go for our long weekend getaway, we leave on Sat.  Really looking forward to that. 

Have a good & frugal week everyone!

cindylee

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 11:50am

This weekend was a mess.  I went out Saturday as planned to get my daughter some clothes.  Well, that was $210 spent on Saturday alone.  Then we came home and I had my autistic daughter try the stuff on (she complains, which is why I don't take her shopping with me), and most of it did not fit.  So, I don't know, we'll be returning about $80 worth.  Great.  But I still had to buy her some clothes...we didn't do back to school shopping, and she has jumped two sizes.  So I ordered some stuff online..after my discount, it will be about $130ish for three pairs of jeans and 5 shirts...maybe I'll get lucky and the stuff will fit.   (All of us girls have the same issue...we are all short..well, my daughter is also chubby.  She is in middle school, so I don't want to dress her like an old lady, but the clothes they make for teenagers are cut for skinny minnies)   Sigh...   Yesterday, I woke up and the room was spinning..I ended up staying in bed until 2PM.  I got NOTHING done around the house at all, but I still managed to go to work since I was feeling better by then.  My hubby is a sweetheart..he took good care of me yesterday...

Ah, well, the bills are paid, we have food in the house, gas in the cars, and today I am baking like crazy (keeps everyone happy)....so, I guess it could be worse...

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 11:06am

You are doing so good Bex!

Not a big spendy weekend here. $15 on groceries to make perogies, apple pie, and butter tarts. Ingredients left over too. $40 on chinese food.

Next weekend could be bad though. We are going to Costco and Ikea. Goodness.....