Accountability Aug 12, 2013

iVillage Member
Accountability Aug 12, 2013
Mon, 08-12-2013 - 1:49pm

How did the weekend go? Did you spend more than planned or keep things in check? Let us know!

I did some waking and gardening this weekend so I am a bit sore from all the crouching! But the garden looks great. 

We also went to an anniversary party and had a few free drinks. We too the baby and only stayed for a couple hours so no babysitting bill. She loved the music and was tripping everyone on the dance floor shaking her booty no matter how close of an eye I kept on her. Everyone loved her! She even tried to get up on stage. Too funny!

So no real money spent just for milk really. I do need groceries though so that will have to happen this week.

Community Leader
Mon, 08-12-2013 - 2:54pm

About $55.00 on DD13 on a few things for school (she doesn't like a budget, but it really makes her think twice about what she wants).   A few groceries.  DD13 and I shared a Frappechino.  $5.29 on her at McDonalds.  $15 on sandwhiches for DH and his helper.  Dutch Bros.  $3.00.  $10.00 gas.  $1.50 for stupid air at the gas station.  Pizza and wings $20.00.

Need tires, always something.  Undecided

Serenity
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-13-2013 - 1:59pm

Well, we are back from our long weekend getaway to Wendover, total trip only cost $250, as we got free flight, motel.  But DH brought home $300 he won, so really a wash on the trip. I had extra spending $ I brought home as well & so I've been able to use that for groceries for 2 weeks to lighten the budget load.  I'm excited our mortgage is now down to $22,800...was so excited to see it go below $23,000 mark...am still on track for pay off this December.  DH did end up applying for that job I posted about...he will almost triple his income & the position wasn't getting any applications.  He is qualified & decided he'll try for it if he gets it fine, if not he'll stay where he is.  I can't even imagine how different next year will be with our income at between $100,000 & $130,00 & no debt of any kind.  It is so exciting.  We would each like a new computer next year & are starting to plan a nice vacay, but starting a new job may put a damper on our time off.  If he is considered for the position he is going to approach them about taking a little time off without pay.  Other than that we are just hitting the mortgage hard paid an extra $350 on it last week & will pay an extra $400 on it this Friday.  We are fortunate in how the loan is set up we are able to throw $ at it any time we choose.

Have a good & frugal week everyone

cindylee

Community Leader
Wed, 08-14-2013 - 2:07pm
Hey Cindy, triple is income, wow! Yea, that would be a hard one not to apply for. If there is little interest, maybe he can negotiate that vacation time, paid or not.
Serenity
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-14-2013 - 10:24pm

We did not eat out ONCE. And we haven't eaten out in 2 weeks now.

We had the in-laws over for dinner and DH wanted to smoke some wild salmon. He loves it but it getting very expensive here. So I found a full frozen fish on sale and got him to youtube fileting it. Not bad! It worked well. It was only $10 when it would have been $40 for that much.

But the bank screwed up on one of our bills and double took over $900. I hope they registered it, but we will have to check. It was an unexpected bill that put our account at ZERO...yikes...our car insurance and vacation bills had all come in so it was just bad timing. I need a desk desperately. I am not getting any studying done at home. We've rearranged everything and it just won't work. We saw a few for $40-60 that will work. I saw a new one for $300 that I'd rather have tho........ Dee

PS_my posts are always one big paragraph unless I edit them. How annoying!

Community Leader
Thu, 08-15-2013 - 2:56pm

Are you using Reply, or Quick Reply?

I noticed there is no paragraphs in Quick Reply.

Serenity