Accountability Aug. 19, 2013

Community Leader
Accountability Aug. 19, 2013
Mon, 08-19-2013 - 7:53pm

Ugh, late in the day and noticed no one has started a thread.

Just goceries.  DH gave me $20 to spend on DD13 and DS7 on Saturday.  Went to the cheap movie theater, shared a pop corn and drink, and each got a bag of candy.  All for under $20! 

Serenity

Serenity
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-19-2013 - 9:55pm

Well, a slow weekend, in terms of spending. Had two family reunions, so really just the food to take to them. Went cheap. Maybe $20. Went to JCP tonight. I have been sitting on a $25 gift card since Christmas, and they had a $10 off $25 purchase coupon in the paper, good for yesterday and today only. I figured it was the best way to maximize my gift card. Overall, I got $42.00 worth of stuff for $7-8 out of pocket. Got a couple school shirts for the teenagers, pajamas for the 4 year old, and an outfit for the lil girl. The PJs will probly wind up as Christmas gifts. 

Still applying for jobs. Had an interview last week, and another this week. Hoping I don't get the job this week. It is in collections, and I really don't want to do that kind of work. Plus the hours are goofy. 

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-20-2013 - 12:28pm

Hello all,

Well things are winding down here at the store. 12 more days. Very busy over here so thanks for posting. Yesterday got  away from me completely. 

We went to an aniversary party on Saturday night so just a card. It was fun but tiring chasin my little one around. I worked Sunday and went to a friend's house for swim time in her pool. Free! We did some garden work too!

Wednesday is a girls night so that will be some cash for drinks but shouldn't be too bad $30 maybe. 

Community Leader
Wed, 08-21-2013 - 11:36am
I have decided we are almost back on track and so I need to start posting again to keep myself accountable. Weekend was good overall, I spent $15 at the farmer's market saturday morning, $40 at the ice cream festival for 4 of us Saturday afternoon and $68 at the grocery store sunday afternoon.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-21-2013 - 12:30pm

Checking in a bit late, things are same same here.  DH applied for new job is in top 3 & interviews Friday evening.  Keeping fingers crossed.  He was on the fence as to whether to apply but now that he has I think he really wants it, so it will be a let down if he doesn't.  If he doesn't he'll stay at his current job & things will be fine but a new job with new responsibilities & more cash would be awesome.  Otherwise we are enjoying food out of garden & stretching our grocery dollar.  We live in a small town of 200 people, no services here at all but a food truck just opened up next to our home...chinese food, we've tried it once & it was so good.  We actually could eat it every night but for our budget & waistline will only buy it twice or three time a mth.  but it sure smells good!!

Have a good week everyone & happy HUMP day!

cindylee