Accountability Dec 17, 2012

iVillage Member
Accountability Dec 17, 2012
Mon, 12-17-2012 - 10:27am

I have had a hard time getting on the board today. I am surprised we have any members at all....

A good weekend. 

We don't get out  much anymore with the baby so I decided to have more people over and we did just that on Saturday night. It was low cost but a lot of work. And it was just one couple lol. I am still cleaning up today with laundry from the cloth napkins and place mats and cleaning all the nice glasses. Oh well it was fun we played cards after. Total cost for dinner was probably under  $30.

Friday night was my husbands company Christmas party. It was nice and fun. The grandparents baby sat so that was free. 

Sunday was low key and I didn't have to cook as were at the in laws most of the day.

How was your weekend, low cost or pricey?

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-17-2012 - 2:57pm

The weekend was low cost.  I went home and stayed there.  Cooked beans & cornbread.  Baked more cookies as promised with dear grandson and got several things done around the house.  

DH spent a little, but not much at the local stores.  All in all a wonderful weekend. However on Friday  I did have to go to the doctor for a throat infection I had fought all week.  Cost $100 for co-pay & Rx's....  Ouch!  

Have a great week all!

Community Leader
Mon, 12-17-2012 - 3:00pm

I had remained unscathed by the log on issues, until this last week!  I am okay at home, but have issues at work with Windows xp and IE8.  Had a poster tell me that even when she got an error message after trying to log in, that it actually DID let her post.  So, here I am at work, on Chrome (which is missing a bunch of stuff, like I can't read the post I am replying), but at least able to post.  

I keep passing this stuff on directly to my CM.  

Anywho, had a small hurdle Christmas shopping with SO this weekend, but we worked it out rather quickly and we are on the same page for any further shopping.  Woo hoo!  

I spent about $70 of my own money on presents, which I had put aside.  Some gas and some food.  I think that was it.  No eating out and didn't buy any coffee!  

My SO had a tragic loss in his family this week, so he stepped up and offered some financial assistance.  He is very wise, and did not jump in to save the day, but rather helped with an appropriate amount he was comfortable with.  It was a child, so everyone is so, so sad.  Frown

Serenity
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-17-2012 - 3:04pm
The weekend only cost me $81 for the renewal on my license tabs which was a necessary evil. Pretty proud of myself for only getting a necessity.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/w7dZSLQ/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w7dZSLQ/debt.png[/img]
[/url]

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-18-2012 - 10:11am

Friday morning we went and saw the Hobbit. ($35) Saturday DS and my dad had ManFest- movie, dinner and shopping for a special gift from grandmpa.  DH and I went out to eat and to see the last Twilight movie.  My mom surpirsed us by giving us money for the movie so only cost was dinner.  ($30) We did do shome shopping also- I needed to replace a set of flannel sheets- new pup chewed the flat sheet apart. ($22) I needed some new gym shoes too. ($47)   The expense was the petsitter for the weekend $80 ( 2 dogs 1 day and 1 dog 2 other days)  Sunday was just a quiet day at home.