Accountability December 02, 2013

iVillage Member
Accountability December 02, 2013
Mon, 12-02-2013 - 8:04am

Hi Everyone! How was your week/weekend? Frugal or Festivally expensive?

We did go to a Christmas party on Saturday night at a friend's house. I brought an appetizer but it wasn't too expensive. We had the best time with our little girl and everyone! I bought a small wheel of brie cheese. Bake for ten min in a small caserole dish, scored the top of the cheese, then added 1/2 a cup of brown sugar, and 1/2 a cup of chopped pecans and 3 tbspns of whiskey! So good!, had the nuts sugar and whiskey already. Just picked up the brie wheels for $5.99. Total cost...probably $9. Pretty cheap for a night out, oh and we brough 6 of our beer with us.

I worked Saturday during the day and cooked and cleaned Sunday. I worked Friday night. 

We are sniffing around a new house! Kind of exciting! I'll let you know what happens!

Have a great week everyone!

Community Leader
Mon, 12-09-2013 - 2:40pm

I think all I spent over the weekend was a few dollars for milk and a pop.  Made coffee at home, cooked at home.  Oh, well, DH forgot wallet and I guess I did buy dinner out on Saturday, but it was only $26.00. 

This is finals week, so haven't even thought about Christmas presents. 

We did get the tree up and decorated though. 

Serenity CL making a second marriage work

Serenity
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-02-2013 - 3:50pm

Hi Everyone!

Had a great Thanksgiving holiday filled with lots of cooking and family time.  I managed to have turkey lunch and supper at both sides of the family and DID NOT gain any weigh!!!   Yeah!  Same for hubby.  

Money wise I over spent a tab at Walmart on Saturday, but my Christmas shopping is 90% done.  I like one $25 gift & one pair of boots for grandson which I hope to spend under $80.  Then two cash gifts to both nephews totaling $100.  I'm so glad I can concentrate on relaxing now and decorating and wrapping presents. 

Food continues to gobble up a lot of our budget, but in all honesty we NEVER eat out.  Hubby has been home 24/7 since he got back from Germany 5 weeks ago, so food magically disappears.  Plus I pack my lunch 4 days out of 5.

We're purchasing the hay for the one horse locally at the Farmers Co-op but the cost is only about $18 a month plus his oats are about the same price per month.  My house puppy, age 10, need another dental check up.  I'm going to try to hold this off until January.  

All in all a pretty good weekend.