Accountability Feb 10, 2014

iVillage Member
Accountability Feb 10, 2014
Mon, 02-10-2014 - 8:58am

I woke up thinking about Norma this morning. I am just so darn excited for her!

How did you do this past week? Did you stay on budget or go over?

The first quote for our house cement is wayyyy more than we thought. I hope the next two are better. I hope they are  not all like that for the plumbing electrical garage shell etc. Sigh. My sister laughes at me because it takes forever for me to make a decision. I am sooo tight with my money apparently. Well....I guess so!!! I have never really had any to spare and I want to do this right!!!! i want things to look nice but I don't want to go into debt! Well I will be with the mortgage but i want it to be as low as possible. What? I am not new to this debt thing!

I took my first course for week and have the test next week. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to take the next one even though I know it will be much harder. When I was in the city I bought some things for our ensuite in the new house. Can check those off my list. I also saw some kitchen chairs at Costco. I might go with those. Way cheaper than I had planned. We will see. I need to cut expenses somewhere!

oh,..... and I am 40 on thursday....Good Grief! I told my husand i want him to take me for dinner or for him to cook.  That is all I really want. 

Have a great week everyone!!

Community Leader
Mon, 02-10-2014 - 10:15am

Happy early birthday Karen!!

Last week went well I believe.  I paid most of the bills for the month out of my paycheck.  We had some expected and unexpected car expenses over the weekend. DD's car went in for two new tires and an alignment (planned for) and we had to get a new radiator for DH's truck.  Luckily we bought it and he installed it.  He transferred money over to cover that and his skydiving over the weekend from his disability check for this month.  He sprained his foot while skydiving Saturday, so that should cut out skydiving costs for the rest of the month.  I didn't get around to going grocery shopping this weekend, but I am doing a 5 day liquid cleanse/fast, so it'll be pretty low since the girls will be the only ones eating all week and I need to stock up on some paper goods and toiletry items as well. 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-10-2014 - 2:26pm

I spent an unplanned $60 on animal feed (horse & chickens) but hubby's company was late reimbursing for his travel expense and he was traveling to Puerto Rico today, so I paid for the feed instead of him so he would have plently of cash to travel on.  Darn compnany owes him $500 before this trip.  Ridiculous!  

Community Leader
Mon, 02-10-2014 - 5:08pm

About $80 or so at Walmart.

Lots of snow here that we are not used to, nor prepare for.  We got somewhere between 6 to 12 inches, depending where you lived.  So, made for a cheap weekend not going anywhere.  

Serenity

Serenity
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-10-2014 - 8:47pm

Hi Everybody....

My first accountablility in a very long time....

I am going to post my debt totals week to week and try to make headway.

Consumer Debt  $18 500

Mortgage on Florida home $61 000

Mortgage on First home $55 735

Karen...Happy Birthday.....40 can be awesome

Duke

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-10-2014 - 8:47pm

Hi Everybody....

My first accountablility in a very long time....

I am going to post my debt totals week to week and try to make headway.

Consumer Debt  $18 500

Mortgage on Florida home $61 000

Mortgage on First home $55 735

Karen...Happy Birthday.....40 can be awesome

Duke

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-11-2014 - 9:17am

I'm with Duke. My first accountability in a long time. Weekend was pretty low dollar. I spent around $60 on groceries. Not many household items to buy, and not much $ to spend. At this point, I'm hoping for a  miracle. The unemployment has run out and I don't quite know how the bills will be paid. Incoming child support would be a great place to start. Not holding my breath. But I know it will all work out somehow. Daycare costs are going to kill me yet. I'm hoping that a great opportunity opened up in the job market. I applied for a position that was somehow only listed in our local paper, not the larger towns paper 30 minutes away or the online websites that hold all of the job postings locally. Since it is in my field, I am hopeful.

Happy Birthday, Karen! I hope it's the best one yet!