Accountability Feb 18, 2014

iVillage Member
Accountability Feb 18, 2014
Tue, 02-18-2014 - 9:48am

Good morning everyone. How did the weekend go? Did you keep it frugal or go over board?

This is my 4th day off in a row and I am really enjoying it. It warmed up a bit and we got to BBQ! We had some steaks in the freezer and got those babies out! My my my I needed that. We used my MILs potatoes from cold storage and corn from the freezer and I cooked up some mushrooms and green onions I had to use up. My MIL made a lemon meringe pie. What a feast and so needed to break up the winter. Our cow we bought with family is almost used up but wow was it good. We will be doing that again should opportunity arise. 

I did not spend much money this weekend, I bought 4 beer on my way home on Friday night from the store I work at, $12.00 and two 4L jugs of milk. But of course now we need groceries again. That is part of the budget I suppose.

My girlfriend was over for coffee and she is selling a coffee table and end tables. I will get her pictures today and see how much she wants for them. I was going to buy new ones...I saw some costco kitchen chairs I will look at this week as well. I want all wood real chairs but I am thinking about what I want and what I need here...I currently have 3 green wood chairs and one metal chair with a cushion on it. Two of the green chairs are on their last legs and starting to split on the seats. It may be time and I have longed to have 4 matching kitchen chairs. I'm so high maintenance lol. 

Have a great  week everyone!

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-18-2014 - 3:00pm

Oh Karen, sounds like chairs go to the head of the need list.  Shop some discount stores.  If you could buy in pairs of two and paint them to mix and match it would make for an interesting design.

Good weekend for us.  We had a wonderful mid-afternoon meal on Saturday, filets & baked sweet potatoes for a belated Valentine's dinner. My card, a bottle of finger nail polish and a Corgui fog from Puerto Rico were my gifts.  His was homemade mini jam pies with a heart on top and some chocolate peanut butter M & M's. It was a perfect dinner for us. 

Life or should I say his job has been "EXTREMELY" stressful lately.  Things are not going well.  I will reveal more in the weeks to come.....stay tuned as our "Once Upon A Time" story will reveal a little more details each week.  Oh...nothing bad....

LIFE IS GOOD!

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-19-2014 - 4:42pm

Could be worse. I did have to buy a new printer as our old one died - whatever I tried didn't work. Bought a new one at Sam's Club for $60 including $3 for an extended replacement warranty. i bought the cheapest one but even so with one exception I like it even better than the old one.

Been trying to keep expenses down to our very expensive January (vet bills and eyeglasses).  Was delayed in finishing the taxes but I now have information to finish it and hope we'll get some back. I did cash in a 401k but prepaid taxes which I hope were enough.

signature 
Community Leader
Thu, 02-20-2014 - 6:50pm

I splurged.  It just happened that I saw Bill Cosby is coming to our area again and it just happened to be the day before Valentines day and it just happens that my DH loves Bill Cosby and it just happened that I had enough money in my checking account and it just happened that he is coming on a Sunday afternoon.

So, I spent a total of $87 for me and my DH to see Bill Cosby in a few weeks.  

It is really hard to surprise DH in a way that he wants to be surprised.  So it was all so worth it to see his face.  :)   With February being a short month, I should be okay.  

Serenity
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-21-2014 - 7:39am
Found and purchased some chairs! Am thinking of cutting other places. No bar stool for awhile. There is not big lip there at the counter and I'm not sure if the stools will work or not upon looking at them. Plus I have decided to use my current bath mats and just get a nice curtain for one of the bathrooms and use my current towels. mayb a new cup and tooth brush holder if I can find those for cheap.