Accountability Jan 27, 2014

iVillage Member
Accountability Jan 27, 2014
Mon, 01-27-2014 - 9:29am

Good morning everyone! How did you do this weekend? Did you keep on budget or over do it? Let us know. We are here for you!

There was a huge blizzard here this weekend. Thank goodness I only had to work until 5 on Friday, could grab a weeks worth of groceries in town to combine with what I had and  get home before it was really bad. I didn't work yesterday or today. Nice! I love two days in a row off. I find I get more done here. 

So only thing spent was $127 something on groceries. We did not go out. We caught up on some pvr shows, and my girlfriend lent us the first season of Duck Dynasty. Soooo funny! I made a chocolate cake to go with a chocolate beer my husband and I shared we got new at my work. I can't believe it lasted over a week in my fridge but it went really well together. I studied for my course for about 2 hours. The course is next week, three days of classes. 

I did some meal planning for the next three days. I thought the boys would be here today so I planned a bigger chicken meal but they will likely stay at their dads so one day may turn into left overs. Or should I say PLAN overs. I like to plan it at least the beginning of the week when the kids are here around when I am working so everyone eats well and has lunch left overs or dinners for me to take. I am on a mission to cut fast food for me this month. Then I am allowing myself to buy something for the house that will last. I need some bathroom things as I will have more bathrooms. I need mats, soap dispensers, a shower curtain, that kind of thing. Jan is almost over and I am doing great.

Have a fabulous week everyone!

Community Leader
Mon, 01-27-2014 - 2:51pm

Just bought groceries and only splurge was $3.00 at Dutch Bros.  

Took a ride the the coast and DH paid for coffee and lunch.  I had a great coupon for pizza that night.  

DH has settled down with his spending.   I had to brake it to him a rough idea of what he/we will owe the IRS and the State.  He sent in estimate, but between him having a good year, lower  COGS (he kept more of his money this year) and us getting married, the number is going to be ugly.  Yell

Serenity

Serenity
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-27-2014 - 4:16pm

We had a great weekend.  The weird winter weather continues.  Freezing & snow Saturday, then 52 & sunny but windy on Sunday.  I do dread the next artic blast since hubby will be on business in Florida.  He helped me rig up an old rubber horse trough (from when we had 5 horses) with a de-icer so I do not have to carry 5 gallon buckets of water to the huskies.  They throughly enjoy the winter weather outside in our super large enclosed back yard.  We have already had two plastic 5 gallon buckets freeze and bust.  I just had to make sure it was Bingo & Emmie proof (the 3 1/2 yr. old Oops puppies will still destroy just about anything they get hold of.  So far so good.  The expensive part was we had a spare de-icer in the barn....HAD...the rats chewed the electrical cord off of it, so we had to purchase another one for $67.00  at the farmers co-op.  The now have 40 gallons of nice warm water.  So does the one remaining horse.  I will have to fill both up by Thursday or Friday if the water hose is not frozen. 

Fixed a large ot of cabbage veggie beef (very little beef) soap.  I cannot remember who it was here, but I now look as meat as a side, not a main ingrediant and dishes are just as good and don't contain as many calories.....and usually cheaper.

Looking forward to a frugal food week with hubby traveling, but not the cold temps :(

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-28-2014 - 2:22am

We are on track this week. I made extra lunches and sold some at work for $20! I only ate once for pizza, $6 because it was my fave coworker's last day on Friday. We are still at the same org, he just moved locations. Plus, we had starbucks one day at $14. Groceries were $120. Babysitter Sun for $20. No gas and no other spending money.

We have only spent $200 combined on spending money this month. That is a huge improvement and something we had wanted to do before but hadn't been able to do.

Dee

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-28-2014 - 1:32pm

It could have been worse. Did have another $230 for a followup visit for our dog - who had pancreatitis. Those blood tests are outrageous! But happily she is doing much better and seems to be pretty much recovered. However, I expect she'll be staying on more expensive food from now on.

Otherwise expenses are better. We did get an outrageous electric/gas bill due next month - as I expect a lot of people did around the country with the record cold. And we also have car insurance but otherwise it could have been much worse.

signature