Accountability July 1, 2013

iVillage Member
Accountability July 1, 2013
Mon, 07-01-2013 - 11:27am

Hey Everybody. Happy Canada Day. How has the weekend gone so far? Pricey or Frugal?

I worked Sat and Sunday and some of today actaully. I bought a few groceries but that was it. It has been hot so we have been walking in the mornings. We hope to hit the pool tomorrow and that will be an unexpected expense but we will bring our own snacks.  I need more groceries for next week and likely more beer, it is hot!

The roof loan will go down another 1040 approx before the store is sold. I don't plan to put extra on it. I want to see how things shake out. I know it will take awhile to see what is what.  9 more weeks!

We have some farm equipment that may need replacing soon. It is stressing me out. The berries are shaping up nicely. I hope we get some rain!

I have been making lots of fresh salads and bbqing my brains out! Love it! Feeling good!

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-02-2013 - 11:48am

Hi Galstore...I think I missed your posts talking about selling your store...congrats & I hope you make a nice profit from all of your hard work!  Will you find a job or be able to stay home when it is sold?  You might need a new name when you no long have a store : )   We are doing well, enjoying the summer & taking a vacay day to turn my 4th of July into a 4 day weekend.  Can't wait for some rest, relaxation & play.   We are also looking forward to a 3 night trip to Wendover in August...we got the flight & motel for free so will just need some play money.  We didn't plan any vacays this year so just a few short trips to rejuvenate.  My DH & I love Wendover...so relaxing!  We are counting down our mortgage paying an extra $ 100 this week.  Every little bit helps!  EF is at $11,500 & retirement is at $385,000...trying to add a bit each week to the EF.  Have a good & frugal week everyone.

cindylee

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-03-2013 - 10:38am

I don' tknow anything really. It will take months to shake out. I don't know if I will have money left over and I don't know what I will be doing after. I will look for a job for sure. I will need one eventually and there is just nothing here right now. I hope that changes! 

Glad you got away for a couple of days. Love your retirement!!!! Good for you. I am awaiting the day you pay off your mortgage. I hope to heck you buy you and DH a great Christmas present!

Community Leader
Wed, 07-03-2013 - 1:40pm

Karen, I missed why you would sell the store and then look for a job?  Just the headache of it all?? 

I had a tiny splurge this weekend - $36 for two shirts I can wear to work. 

Serenity
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-04-2013 - 10:56am

It is the headache of it in some respects. I think it is just time to do something different. 

I hope to get some equity coming my way for a down payment to make one of our dreams come true and to build a new house on our property.

I am a girl, I am not a mechanic and dealing with the freezers and coolers that break and my gas tank bowser issues have the been the biggest challenges and expense.

Despite all of the headaches I am quite good at what I do lol and the store does well. I am looking forward to a job that I can leave at work if you know what I mean with the possibility of benefits, holidays and weekends.  That would be pretty sweet!

I will miss the people for sure and of course no job is with out problems and challenges. I will have to take orders from someone else, for which I am not used to as of late lol! That will probably be the biggest thing. I also realize I might not find my ideal job rigth away and may have to go through a few to find something that fits.

So we will see what happens and of course I will keep you all posted!!