Accountability - July 22, 2013

Community Leader
Accountability - July 22, 2013
Mon, 07-22-2013 - 1:02pm

Well, my cush is gone and I overspent this weekend.  Will be scraping by until payday.  I am not upset, it is my own fault for not paying better attention.  I kind of $5.00 dollared myself to death this month. 

Me and my SO each spent $45.00 on go carting with my DD13 on Sunday.  She is having some serious emotional issues and I just caved when she actually was excited about doing something with us.  We have to drive 45-60 minutes to get there, and it is $15 for 10 minutes, or about 20 laps.  Total blast, but painful on the wallet.  We got this addiction from my dad, so luckily he takes her once in a while, too. 

Oh, and she is faster than me! 

Anywho, time to seriously look at my income and expenses again and talk to DH.  I take responsibilty for my pickle, but we are team.  I don't think he realizes how the dynamics at home will change if I get a second job or pump up my direct sales. 

Serenity

Serenity
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-22-2013 - 1:41pm
Well our meat bill came $370. Honestly I thought it was going to be more so that is fine. Beef it is for the next forseable future! A pricey weekend and hubby needs new glasses. It has been years and they are not the right prescription and partially broken. Sigh. It will be a pricey week that is for sure. Good luck everyone!
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-23-2013 - 1:23pm

Well, checking in & staying accountable.  Saved $220 cash so far for Wendover trip on Aug 4th...so excited for a little getaway, plane & hotel are free so spending cash is what we need to take for fun.  I'm excited to relax & hang out at the pool, play a few games & eat well!  The cash saved so far is from our $250 a week budget for food, incidentals, eating out & entertainment. It is amazing how I can scrimp when I know we can use that $ on our mini vacay!  My parents spent the weekend with us & we BBQ hamburgers for 1 meal, & kabobs on the grill for another.  Mom & Dad bought chicken for us to have after church on Sunday & breakfasts were baked apples & cereal.  Watching the meal plan this week as well, spaghetti last night & leftovers tonight.  Hitting our mortgage hard til its gone,it is our main focus right now & I can just taste our debt free status come December!  Enjoying the summer here in Northern Wyoming they are never long enough for me.

Enjoy your frugal week

Cindylee