Accountability July 29, 2013

iVillage Member
Accountability July 29, 2013
Mon, 07-29-2013 - 12:52pm

Hi Everybody!

How did your weekend go? Was it pricey or frugal?

Berries are done! I don't have to feed everyone now every day.That was getting a bit much. I spent $125 on groceries and it should last awhile.

One kid off to camp(paid for) and another gone this week to their dad's house. That should cut the grocery bill for a bit. 

The end of August might be rough. The kids don't need a lot for school supplies but they do need a few new items of clothing. I have lots of school supplies left over and no one needs a new calculator this year I don't think. So I am not sure here what this will cost yet. 

The kids are bored too. So we may hit the pool at some point before they go back to school. PLus they have been doing work outside so I will need to pay them allowance at some point. 

What is the rest of the summer holding for you? Is the expensive part gone? Let us know!

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-29-2013 - 1:40pm

We had a good weekend, a family reunion picnic locally here on Sat, I provided the charcoal for the grill & did baked beans cuz I had the ingredients on hand & they were cheap (just like me these days ; ))  Bought groceries on Sunday & did pretty well, I added a baby doll & doll stroller to my cart cuz I get to babysit my 18 mth old granddaughter later this week & just couldn't resist...only spent $20 on the toys though.  Added $80 to our fun $ for our trip this weekend, so ready to get away.  Really looking time to some vacay time, off at noon on thursday & will be back to work the following thurs.  Putting sloppy joes in the crockpot at lunch so dinner will be done when I get home from work & the gym tonight.   

Have a good & frugal week,

cindylee

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-29-2013 - 4:22pm

We had a wonderful weekend.  Sort of on the frugal side.  

We gave dear grandson (entering the second grade) $100 for school clothes and supplies, with promise of another $100 later this fall when he needs winter clothes. 

We shared our crop of blueberries with friends, which could lead to interesting future jobs for me or another family memeber. 

And lastly, we moved the downstairs couch, hardly used, upstairs.  Now I have a whole new living room done in blue!!!   LOVE IT!  

Community Leader
Mon, 07-29-2013 - 6:05pm

Let's see...

I didn't spend much.  Purchased a few odds and ends at Walmart.  DH filled the gas tank and paid for our coffee.  Erands on Saturday and went swimming in the river on Sunday.  We always take our own food from the house.  DH did splurge on beef jerky from the local meat processing place $11.00.  DH paid for drive through dinners on Friday and Saturday night. 

DH purchased a portable air conditioner for our livingroom!  $299.

Serenity
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-30-2013 - 12:13pm
We had a fairly cheap week/weekend! I have been decidedly staying home, as opposed to running about all over town. I only spent about $50.00 on groceries for the week (family of 5 this week) and am trying to use what I have on hand. So far, so good. School supplies are mostly done. I have a few more things to pick up for the preschooler, but those shouldn't cost more that $5 or so. Also decided to leave the big diesel sitting at home whenever I don't have anything going on, so DH is taking my car to save on fuel as often as possible. This week, I have things going on three days, so he had the car yesterday and today, and I will have it for the rest of the week. That also keeps me from spending any money during those days, as I hate taking the truck anywhere. I spent around $15.00 on couponing this weekend, so that wasn't a huge expense, and I got a number of things that we can use, including a package of diapers, my current stockpile project. Overall, a pretty good weekend, and fairly frugal.