Accountability July 8, 2013

iVillage Member
Accountability July 8, 2013
Mon, 07-08-2013 - 8:08am

How was the weekend?  Pricey or frugal? Let us know everyone!

I bought ice cream for everyone. That was my only expense really.I do need some odds and ends groceries this week though. I am trying the cash thing again. I hope to cut down here on the food. I guess it will be over a year until the diapers are a memory but until then, I can dream of not buying them and my grocery bill being cut down. One day it will do down! My youngest son is starting to eat more too. Oh my goodness he is growing.

Have a great week everyone!

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-08-2013 - 10:37am

Frugal.  Stayed home and worked mostly inside.  Lots of rain and house got a good cleaning.  Hubby is traveling this week so I may try to shampoo the carpets.  

LIFE IS GOOD!

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-08-2013 - 5:34pm

Hey,Galstore...we splurged on ice cream this weekend too...we don't have any place to purchase it where we live but we had visited my parents in the city & so we hit DQ for BLIZZARDS...I always see those commercials & are so thankful we don't live closer to one...my willpower wouldn't be very good but every bite was delicious & worth it.  I was also on the same page as countrygal...shampooed my carpets on Fri since I had an extra long weekend...love my nice clean house.  It takes a lot of upkeep cuz we have 2 dogs ; )

Recycled old bowling balls into gazing balls for the yard.  My "masterpieces" were lots of fun, covered one in flat marbles & then grouted it, the other one I used all colors of sea glass & then grouted it as well.  My DH thinks they are far from masterpieces & calls one of them my "partridge family" ball...he says it looks like their multi colored bus..hee, hee

Enduring lots of heat right now in northern wyoming...we enjoyed a hike on the mountain on the 4th of July & I love the summer time heat so even made it for a run on Sunday, got pretty sweaty though.  We've had lots of wedding invitations this summer, still have 2 I need to handle by the 1st week in Aug...probably just send $ in a card.  

Have a good & frugal week everyone.

Cindylee

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-08-2013 - 6:26pm

Oh my gosh . . . ICECREAM sounds DELISH today (it's so hot out there!)

Cindy, I'm so jealous the you got to hike in the mountains for the 4th.  That sounds wonderful.

--

For me, it's been more pricey, pricey stuff.  Both grown dd's were home with their bfs, and my bro visited - to help put in hay . . . and it was my sister's bday . . . so I split the cost for food with my poor mother, and purchased all the drinks (and did all the cooking) for the ENTIRE weekend.  It was exhausting.  It was fun, but exhausting.  It was fun, but exhausting and expensive.

Plus I bought my younger dd a new chrome book (cause she really needed one).

So now I'm exhausted and broke.  I have literally 54 cents to last me through Thursday.  It should be doable (I have enough groceries to get us through).

---

This week paid $203.24 toward LOC

YTD principle paid = $9,271.75

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-09-2013 - 2:24am

Took the kids to bowling and ice cream but SIL ended up treating us.

So the rest of the weekend was frugal. Then today we took kids, niece, nephew and grandma to the amusement park. Wow. I think we spent about $150 or maybe more...we'll have to not eat out and really buckle down this month. DS1 is also going to the movies with grandma and cousins tomm. My mother is in town to babysit for my brother and I can't keep up!

Dee