Accountability June 17, 2013

iVillage Member
Accountability June 17, 2013
Mon, 06-17-2013 - 9:09am

How was every one's weekend? Was it pricey or frugal? Did you stay on budget?

Well our weekend was good. I did work a lot of it though. I made dinner for the in laws on Sat night and they made supper for us last night so it was a win win! 

My husband got a 40 of bailys for father's day and I bought him a clock for his bedside. Alarm and ipod doc so it can charge. It was $40 and so was the baily's, but courtesy of the store. I have not been drinking much on my diet at all, very proud of myself. I have lost 20lbs! I am, as of today, back to where I started before the baby! Plus I am motivated to keep going. So I have not been helping myself to chips, chocolate bars, ice cream, wine, as much beer at the store so I figured Daddy could have a nice gift for Father's day! My father in law got a beer with three chocolate bars and a tape measure put all arround it wrapped in ribbon for father's day. He loved it. Got a huge kick out of his gift!

So that was our weekend. We have a huge master card bill due next week. I knew it was coming and we just put too much money in the house account that I will have to take it out of to pay it but that is life, we have the money. I just hate taking it out of that account!! Oh well, we will get it put back in July and August, I am confident.  Still counting my lucky stars we have come as far as we have and were able to put any money in that account at all this year with me not working.

Have  a great week everyone!

Community Leader
Mon, 06-17-2013 - 6:09pm

Only money I spent this weekend was on groceries and breakfast out with DH.  Okay, so not used to saying DH.  Been saying BF or SO for 7 years!

Serenity
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-18-2013 - 2:08am
Congrats on the diet! 20lbs is amazing...I can't remember how many months exactly but it does seem fast. We were good this weekend but the bills are still coming in from past weeks. DH screwed up on a bill payment and they charged us $75. This has to be an error but I don't have time to check it out. I'm only "free" at times like now - late! I want to get back to making extra payments on the LOC but it is vacation starting next week. In WINE country...how can I go and not buy a few bottles for the cupboard? Grrr...I wish we just made more money! Dee
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-18-2013 - 1:48pm

Congrats on your weight loss, Galstore!  That is wonderful.  We had a good weekend & enjoyed Fathers day just hanging out & BBQ'd hamburgers.  Sometimes slowing down is so nice.  We are having wonderful summer weather right now & I'm planning on going for a run after work & forgoing the drive to town to the gym.  I need to enjoy this sunshine!  We are plugging away at our final debt, our mortgage, still on plan to finish paying it off in December...we have also started talking about investing...we want to save the cash to invest so it may not happen until the end of 2014, unless we decide just to invest in mutual funds.  If we want to buy a rental house then we'll have to do more homework...anyway dreaming about our life after debt is exciting.  Enjoy your summer!

Have a good & frugal week

cindylee