Accountability June 23, 2013

iVillage Member
Accountability June 23, 2013
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 9:43am

Hey everyone! How did you do this weekend? Did you stay on budget or spend a pile? Let us know.

I worked this weekend again. I go back full time in 3 weeks and then I don't work weekends but boy will it be busy for  those 7 weeks. Time is sure going fast!

I bought some beer this weekend for sure! I think that was our only expense as we did a lot of yard and field work. Berries will be ready in about 2 weeks I'm guessing.

My baby girl will be one in 3 weeks and she is walking up a storm. She is into everything!! And she is going to be and sort of already is a "climber" oh boy! But she sure is entertaining and Daddy is keeping up with her so far! And oh a mouthful of teeth!

I paid our big MC bill and our cardlock credit card bill. All planned but boy were they big ones! I hope to not see anything like that MC one again LOL!

Oh, I have to mention...I don't know if everyone sees this but I see it more often than not the Target advertising on this site. I really don't like it. It is distracting and I know a lot our members have had trouble with them in the past as far as being a trigger to spend money or having a big credit card bill with them. I just though I would say something. I don't think anyone here needs the temptation.

Have a good week everyone!

Community Leader
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 12:05pm

Spent $130 on gocerices and did buy one coffee.  

Took back a pair of shorts I purchased before Hawaii that I decided not to keep.  Glad I kept all the tags and receipts!  

Saw Bad Company and Lynard Skynard over the weekend.  Great show!  I had already purchased the tickets months ago, and DH covered food, t-shirts, etc.  He bought sandwiches ahead of time and we stoped at a rest stop on the way to eat.  He is so smart, he bought large sandwhiches, so we ate again, waiting in the parking lot to go home. 

Concert wore us out (don't bounce back like we used to) so rest of weekend was pretty uneventful.  Oh, me and DD did get hair cuts Saturday.

Serenity CL Making a Second Marriage Work

Serenity
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 1:34pm

Galstore, can't believe your baby will be one in a few weeks, my how time flies...kinda glad it flies though to keep those paychecks coming in & getting our debt paid off ; )  We had a good weekend, impromptu BBQ for family on Sat & then I bought a sub sandwich after church to bring home & share with DH, only cost $7....I told DH he was a cheap date!  I baked bars for fellowship coffee after church so spent a little extra on groceries to do the baking, but its only my responsibility a few times a year so totally doable.  Enjoying the summer weather & we've spruced up our yard this year.  My DH was given the old flag pole from the cemetary so he painted it up & got it set this weekend.  I was able to order a flag made in the USA for only $10 & it looks awesome flying in our yard.  We are quite patriotic this year!  All ready for the 4th of July & my red, blue & white flowers in my red pots are blooming beautifully!   Still concentrating on paying off the mortgage, can't wait to have a paid for home & start our investing!   Five months to go...

Have a good & frugal week

cindylee

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-28-2013 - 12:16pm

One year!?!! Wow. I can't believe it has been more than a year.

We just got back from our vacation on the lake. We rent a condo for a week at the same spot with my BIL & SIL.  They have 2 girls the same age as our boys. It is a gorgeous location and not far. The only PROBLEM is that it is WINE country. So...

- $800 including taxes for the condo & $70 in gas
- $186 in food/treats/coffee/ice cream/etc
- $238 on wine

I have 10 bottles of wine and I know this sounds expensive but it is cheaper than the liquor stores here. We don't have grocery stores selling wine on sale here. Alcohol is MUCH more expensive in Canada. I've put 4 bottles of red away and I'll age it into very, very nice wine. It is okay now, but it will be fantastic. I bought a couple of nice whites from itialian vines...okay too much wine talk!

The boys got sick and didn't do much the last 2 days. But DS1 had a friend on there for the w/end and he played on the beach all day. He loved it.

Dee