Accountability - Nov. 12, 2012

Community Leader
Accountability - Nov. 12, 2012
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 1:16pm

Hello everyone!  How was your weekend?

$32.66 groceries

$5.27 snacks

$10 gas

$7 gas (SO ran out of gas on the bike!  Luckily he was only a couple miles down the road) 

$10 DD12 allowance

SO paid for a pizza and fast food lunch.   DD12 volleyball game and went to a Veterans Day parade.  Played off road yesterday in SO's 4x4.  I am a bit sore today.  :)  

Other accountability:

$2,361.99 Auto loan balance after October's payment

$2,725.80 Transmission loan after October's payment (including interest)  Payoff probably around $2,150.

CC is status quo, hovering between $14,100 and $14,400.

Mortgage is now under $103,000.  All really relative though, as I also have notes with the City because of the first time home buyers program I qualified for. 

Serenity

CL - Making a Second Marriage Work

Serenity
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 3:09pm

Well, kinda bummed...it looks like this board is dying...I've been coming to the sight through all of the changes since 1999, we are in much better shape financially, no debt other than mortgage.  But I still love checking in on this board.  Now it looks like no one is here...quite a lonely place.

We did have a good weekend, bad winter storm so stayed in & stayed warm.  It is warming up now so getting out to work is no problem.  I love the holidays, but not a fan of winter, but I'll try to get through it without getting too bummed, the time change is a killer it gets dark so early in the evening now...  On a positive note, all of our Christmas presents are bought & paid for except one for my FIL & granddaughter...we are able to add to our EF each month & I'm really watching the food budget right now as groceries seem to be so high. 

Have a good & frugal week!

Cindylee

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 5:18pm

It really is sad to see this board slowing down to a near stop.  I sure hope everyone can get back here soon!!

I had a bit of a pricey week last week, but magically money seemed to fall out of the sky when I needed it, so I managed to stay on track with my goals anyway (the bank refunded an overpayment I made on my old mortgage - I just refinanced, and I cashed in my points on a cc for a cool $200).  So all is well with me.

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 8:31pm

PHEW!! I cannot believe what I had to go through to get back on here. I tried signing in many, many times and then tried to just create a new account. Somehow I was able to get my old account up and running (started in 2005) but not my new one. So...I am still Didi but no longer have the Simplydebtfree username that I really liked :).

Ah, well, the weekend was pretty frugal. We are in between pay days so it had to be! Our car loan is under $12,000 and our mortgage is hovering just above $250,000. This is good, since it appears we'd actually have a little something left over when we sell :).

Pay day this Thursday so it is bill paying time again.

Didi

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 10:41pm
same with me - couldn't get new account going but my really old one is working, lol! Our weekend was frugal too. Getting really good at cutting corners here - via starbucks instead of regular lattes, only ordering for kids when on the road and have to eat out, etc. Dee
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-15-2012 - 10:59am

This is the first real day that I have been able to post without constant going down!  

Maybe the people will come back...   :(

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-15-2012 - 12:14pm

Holy cow, I think this might actually post!  I, too, am super bummed by the board changes.  I miss not being able to quickly see which replies are new and which ones I've already read.  And I can't always sign in, either.  :(  My finances and good food choices have all gone down the tubes with the board.  Boooo!

Community Leader
Thu, 11-15-2012 - 2:55pm

Actually, this board is doing rather well compared to some other boards.   I am also anxious for some of the annoying bugs to be fixed. 

I am sure all will bounce back, just like we did last time. 

Serenity