Accountability Nov 19, 2012

iVillage Member
Accountability Nov 19, 2012
Mon, 11-19-2012 - 11:01am

Hi Everyone, How did your weekend go? Did you stay on budget or go way over? Let us know!

Friday I got a few groceries. I signed up for the Similac website and got a free sample of formula and some coupons sent to me. If anyone is having a baby please do this. It saved me  $10 for just a few minutes of my time. The in laws had us for a lovely chicken dinner Friday evening. I must have them over some time soon! They bought a high chair that fits on a regular chair for the baby for their house. That is pretty cool!

We did some winter walking outside. That is free!

Saturday I made two yummy caseroles. Pretty cheap and had left overs for yesterday and today for lunches. I worked on Sunday. I do need to get some 4-H supplies this week $20, and mail some Christmas cards that are a little heavy because of the amount of pictures I put in them so I will have to have them weighed. I have stamps for the rest of my cards. I may get to them this week. Not sure how much that will cost. Under  $10 I hope. I also need milk yet again.....the teenagers are killing my grocery budget!

I hope to not have to go grocery shopping this week!

Community Leader
Mon, 11-19-2012 - 11:41am

Let's see....

I don't think I spent anything!  SO ended up paying for groceries yesterday and paid for dinner out Saturday after DD's volleyball game.   Hopefully got every thing we need for Thanksgiving.

Oh, AND.....we spent enough at the grocery store to get a free turkey!  We had no idea, and the clerk told us to grab any sized turkey we wanted. 

Aside from that, just fighting the good fight to get by and not add to my debt. 

Serenity
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-19-2012 - 12:06pm

Finally got in to reply, so I better do it...the board is kinda slow...or maybe thats me on a Monday morning : )

We finished up our Christmas shopping this weekend & got everything wrapped.  I am cooking for Thanksgiving we will have 8.  Got all my grocery shopping done, got a turkey from work which was very nice & did some of my chopping for the meal on Thurs.  I also found a site/blog where you get 5 crockpot meals ready to go all at once, pop them in freezer bags & when you are ready for them just put them in the crock...its beef burritoes today & I put them in the crockpot before I left for work.  We are going on vacay Dec 2nd, so we needed to get everything for Christmas handled.  I haven't had any time off from work since the first of June, so I am going to be so glad for a break.  I did some kinda stupid things with credit cards to get the "perks" opened one up with Zappos for $25 off keens for my SIL for Christmas, then I paid off the card on line & closed the account.  I've also had a Kohls card for a long time & closed that account, I pay it in full right after I use it, but I do believe I spend more than if I was using cash & so no more Kohls card.  I also got a coldwater creek rewards card I opened for $25 off,  & I paid it off & closed it.  I just don't need those cards, simple is better & I don't want to be tempted to spend money I don't have or that I should be using for other things!  Well, here is to a wonderful Thanksgiving week for everyone.

Have a frugal day!

cindylee

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-19-2012 - 1:56pm

Pretty inexpensive weekend.  DH and DS went to a physics lecture Friday night $14 for tickets.  DS had a science class Saturday morning $33 but I paid long ago for it.  Saturday was yard work and a bit of grocery shopping.  We had our mock Thanksgiving dinner Sunday.  My mom sometimes goes rogue with the menu and this way DH and DS get their traditional favorites.  Sunday we watched a free library movie and accomplished some housework.  

I'll have to do a big grocery trip on Wedensday. I budgeted an extra $75 for the holiday sides I am bringing.  Inexpensive week here otherwise.  

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-19-2012 - 2:14pm

Good weekend here.  I stayed home the entire weekend.  We took down fence and I worked in the yard as it was a beautiful fall weekend.  I think I have all my flowers tucked in for the winter now.  We just need to finish up with the leaves, not many left to fall.  DH spent $30 on diesel for my truck since he made several trips to our little town this weekend.  For some reason he can't resist going over the ridge two or three times a weekend.  I complained so he put some diesel in the tank for me.  

I got a lot accompolished this weekend and have many plans for next weekend and hoping for Friday off.  

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-19-2012 - 9:33pm

We went to Costco and spent $426~!! That includes diapers, wipes and some clothes. DS1 - the kid who walks around in t-shirts and athletic pants - picked out a black/red outfit with cute little vest :) I am SOOOO happy about it. If he picks out his own clothes at the store, he will wear it.

We bought lots of meat and have more than 2 weeks of meals planned.

Sat night was date night - $85

Sun "glow in the dark" ice skating - $15 (included free hot chocolate).

I'm okay with that. I've come with some great strategies for keeping to our budget :)

Dee

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-21-2012 - 1:19pm

Smile I can finally post...again!  It's been way too long.  I've been trying to log back in for a least three days and the system wasn't permitting it until today.

Last Saturday the DH and I drove back to NY from Montreal with my car (I was away on business/family visit for 10 days) so we spent $80 on gas and about $40 on food.  On Sunday we didn't do much except go for a little drive and help my mother-in-law out with an errand so no money was spent.

I hope everyone here has been ok?

Kassandra

"It is said that life has its peaks and valleys.  The challenge is to accept them equally and experience them