Accountability Nov 25, 2013

iVillage Member
Accountability Nov 25, 2013
Mon, 11-25-2013 - 8:38am

Hi everyone! How was your weekend? Pricey or Frugal? Black Friday is coming close, is anyone going out for it?

Now that my two trips are over(paid for on the cc next month with pay checks), it is back to the grind stone. Working as much as possible and trying to save after December. I have a lot of gifts purchased with some more to do but getting closer and nothing terrible money wise. I will probably spend more on food in December though....

I spent $9.00 on fast food this weekend and worked Saturday. I made a beef short rib tomato based crock meal yesterday and we watched the Canadian football. It was yummy and there are left overs!

Have a great frugal week everyone!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-25-2013 - 2:45pm

Well, it was a very pricey weekend here. I went to a NHL game with my sister - $175 for one ticket! It is always a sell out here though. She wanted to rent a hotel room and I balked at the cost so she picked up the whole tab on that. I did spend about $40 in beer and food for the night. Then I felt guilty and bought the boys all you can eat fish n chips sun night - $35.

We also went to the hardware store and bought some needed things. We built a new bed for DS2 for $12!!! We replaced the furnace vents and filter...and signed up to have the vents cleaned. It has been 5 yrs since we did this...and with everyone sick for weeks on end, I figured it might help.

We have to start shopping for xmas now...grrr....

Dee

Community Leader
Mon, 11-25-2013 - 11:49am

Groceries and did splurge on my DD13.  Hair color, $13.00.  Oh, and a 50 cent ice cream cone at McDonalds.  DH paid for Chineese Saturday night and cooked the rest of the weekend.  $7.00 at Starbucks during our ride.

DH is on board supporting my home business, so excited about that. 

Serenity CL making a second marriage work

Serenity