Accountability Nov 26, 2012

iVillage Member
Accountability Nov 26, 2012
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 9:05am

How did the weekend go? Did you shop or no? Any great deals? Stay within Budget? Let us know!

We went to a dinner theatre. It was soooo great. Spent a bit more on drinks than anticipated but I think that was the first time we went out for fun(not working) without the baby so it was probably needed and we had a blast! $70 and tix were  $105. We have to go to DH's Christmas party in a couple weeks but that is free and we have his parents to baby sitt. 

I worked Friday night and Sunday afternoon.

I need groceries this week and to pay for a couple things for the kids. I hope it is not too expensive. I do need to get some stocking stuffers at the grocery store and start getting items for the 2 small dinners I am doing at our house. 

Have a frugal week everyone!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 12:45pm

We are a GREAT holiday weekend backpacking in the north woods.  Omgosh, so beautiful . . . and affordable . . . the only thing that was out of our regular vacation budget was a sweatshirt we bought hubby.  He loves it, and we had the spare cash from our "end of month extra monies".

We also have my hubby's work xmas party this coming weekend.  I actually don't enjoy this event.  I'm planning on borrowing a "dressy" shirt from my mother.  The company is paying for our hotel.  So it shouldn't cost us much (just drinks and gas).

I haven't done any xmas shopping yet.  Don't plan on doing much at all actually.  That makes me happy.  I hate shopping and crowds.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 4:18pm

I'm just like you, I don't care for shopping either.  I do have a little Christmas shoppin done and don't plan on doing a whole lot either. 

Good weekend, although I did someting rare...I spent $100 on ME....3 pr. jeans, pj's, nail polish and a good shampoo & hair cut.  Do I feel guilty....NO!

Have a great week!

Community Leader
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 8:01pm

Didn't spend much.  Well, I don't have much!

Had a great two day Thanksgiving.   We had already purchased almost everything we needed, so only had to grab a few small items. 

Bought a few snacks to go off road on Saturday.  A few groceries yesterday, and that was it. 

We dared Walmart Thursday night.  Hectic, but not dangerous.  I didn't spend anything.  DD12 got a few items and so did SO.   The lines were long, but somewhat organzied, so the wait wasn't too bad. 

Serenity
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 11:04pm

I *almost* spent $100 on a cashmere sweater. They had this beautiful sapphire blue colour that would have made my eyes SOOOO blue (they are green but look blue with a little help, LOL). DH washed my other one too many times and it finally fell apart so I felt justified. I decided to just wait until I know I can afford it.

Went upstairs to the pub after hockey but it was free. We used our team gift certificate...I had no intention of going until I heard that...I am so frugal, LOL. Baby sitter was $20 (even with the extra time).

Sun we didn't got to ice skating with the boys as I got hit hard in my game the night before. Plus, they were SO bad that we didn't want to reward their behaviour.

So pretty cheap weekend but that was bc DH worked all weekend...so wasn't worth it, I miss my hubby~!

Dee

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-27-2012 - 6:08pm

We had a great Thanksgiving weekend.  I cooked, but only had 6 for dinner, then we played some pinochle.  Great fun.  I enjoyed the time off, I really needed a break from work & got it!  Was ready to go back to work on Monday.  We are pretty much finished with Christmas shopping, my DH & I got to shop for our granddaughters first Christmas, that was pretty special.  We are leaving on Sunday for vacay for 10 days so its a good thing we are prepared for Christmas. Trying to hold steady, come in under budget for vacay & get  grip on Dr. bills & escrow come January.  Hopefully a year-end bonus will help.  Also want to beef up the EF.  Have a good week,

Cindylee