Accountability Oct 14, 2013

iVillage Member
Accountability Oct 14, 2013
Mon, 10-14-2013 - 10:52am

How did you do on the weekend? Pricey or Frugal? 

It is Thanksgiving this weekend in Canada. We had a lovely dinner with friends and family at my MILs! Our family provided the dessert. That new pumpkin bar recipe was a hit and I will make that again for sure. It probably cost around just under $20 buck to make with everything included.

So a pretty frugal weekend but very enjoyable. Back on my diet, oh my! I need groceries this week but other than that it should be a low spend week.

Have a good week everyone!

Community Leader
Mon, 10-14-2013 - 12:57pm

A few groceries.  $27.00 on pizza and wings.  $40 on clothes for DD13.  She is pretty good about the budget.  $2.40 on Redbox movies.  $6.70 at Starbucks.  I think that was it. 

DD13 had a friend spend the night, and since I just spent all of the above, I told her 'no' to going to the store for snacks, etc. 

Serenity CL making a second marriage work

Serenity
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-15-2013 - 11:51am
I have to get back in the habit of checking in here and keeping track of spending (which has been out of control with the move!!!) Overall spendy. I went for a mani/pedi with my mom, bought a $100 gift card for the cousin that took care of my dog for a month, spent $75 on groceries and cooking (and freezer stocking). I am finally getting to the point where the crazy spending will stop and understand how much my bills are. The next few weeks are really just tracking bills and seeing where my money is going!

Bex -

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-15-2013 - 9:17pm

We bought 3 chickens for $30 and made roast chicken for Thanksgiving. It was last minute bc DH forgot I had a hockey game on the actual night :) I made 9 bean chicken soup, country fried chicken and DH made curry chicken tonight. And we still have about 3 or 4 more meals!

We only went to Mcdonalds but it was an audit for me so only cost $10. Then we used Starbucks coupons for the 2 days we went - $2 lattes. That was it! So proud of us.

Now we just have to duplicate this for the next few weekends :)

Dee