Accountability Oct. 21, 2013

Community Leader
Accountability Oct. 21, 2013
Mon, 10-21-2013 - 12:43pm

Not much to say this week.  Spent the whole weekend inside doing homework.  Spent $23 at Walmart and made my own latte's at home. 

Serenity CL making a second marriage work

Serenity
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-21-2013 - 1:49pm

I started working this weekend. So making money instead of spending it for a change which was nice. 

Husband brought in a big farm expense. He said oh I told you about this...I don't even really know what it is lol. Terrible, but was not expecting that. Good thing I started working and it is tax deductable.  eye roll. Good ole husbands....

I just got milk this weekend that was it. I have a line on some inexpensive picture frames I am going to buy today I hope to put the 5x7 blow up pictures of the toddler I had made in to give as presents to family for Christmas, more to check off that list. 

I am going to visit my dad up north in Novemeber for his birthday with my sister. Just the two of us. No kids! I am looking forward to that but it will be expensive. Most of it is paid for but it hurt! Also we are going with friends the weekend after that to the states for two nights. That is going to hurt as well . I never go anywhere two weekends in a row. It is mostly to shop in the states. I hope I find good deals and put a dent in my gift shopping for the holidays.And who knows maybe some things for myself. I do have some American money that has been burning a hole in my pocket but I'm sure we will spend more on meals and hotel alone. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-21-2013 - 7:46pm

I'm trying to stem the spending spree. I spent another $100 on things for the condo (bathmat, toilet brush scrubber etc). I also spent $120 on new clothes. Sadly I don't fit into my pants anymore so I tried to get a few pairs that I can wear until I lose this weight!!!  All in all a spendy week.

But I'm back on the cash diet and trying to get a handle on my expenses. I am getting my company car this week (yay) and that means I no longer have to pay for gas, insurance or maintenance (well, I won't once I sell mine . . . need to keep it insured until then).

My old company is still not being very responsive about my bonus. They told me policy is that I won't get it, but that isn't in the contract I signed. I'm giving one more chance and then I'm contacting a lawyer to draft a formal letter. We're talking over $10K here! Keep your fingers crossed they decide to play nice in the sandbox. I left on really good terms and this is a very small industry so its not a good idea to burn bridges!!!

Other than that just trying to get settled into my new routine!

Bex -

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-24-2013 - 10:34am

Our dollar is so weak I sure you can snag some real bargins.  Congrats on the income but BOOO HISSSS on the farm expense!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-24-2013 - 10:40am

I bet it is hard to stop spending on the small things for the condo.  And boy, do they add up quick.

Hubby and I went to Walmart because he was leaving for Germany on Sunday and needed some things.  We ended up spending $300 on cloths for him, me and grandson.  He has lost 65 lbs. and needed new jeans in a bad way.  He looked like a whole person had moved out of his old jeans, lol.  I have lost 25 lbs. and tried to modify my jeans, but it just was not working.  So three new pair for me, two for him and some clothes for dear grandson who is to say the least growing like a weed.  He's in a size 8 now.  I try to keep a couple of changes of cloths at the house.  Kids are a cloths hogs!  And his feet...OMG...don't even go there.  He's going to have to be tall like his daddy with those sled runners.

Good weekend..and good to have the cash to spend :)