Accountability Oct 28, 2013

iVillage Member
Accountability Oct 28, 2013
Mon, 10-28-2013 - 7:51am

How was the weekend everyone? Did you stay on budget or go way over? Let us know!

I bought a specialty beer and a bottle of wine from my work lol to take home. I did not work this weekend. I went to the city to my sister's and Costco for things that are cheaper. I stayed on budget except for a fancy prepared salad that was $8.00. It was the cheapest one and I wanted to contribute to dinner at my sister's house. I took it home and we are still eating it. Huge salad! So I am stocked up on diapers and things for meals this week. 

Lots of work this week. I don't really have any planned spending going on. Its the next two weekends after that when I am out of town that are going to get crazy.

Have frugal week everyone!

Community Leader
Mon, 10-28-2013 - 5:18pm

Ugh, I did not manage my money well this month and if it wasn't for some gift cards I have been saving for a rainy day, I would be in trouble.  Okay, yes, my DH has plenty, but he already kicked in $300 to help pay down my medical bills, so this really is my poor management this month.  Oh yea, and as I scratched my head on Thursday trying to figure out what happened, I remembered that I had not gotten any CS in September, and will be lucky to get some this week for October.  Really don't want to count on that. 

So, my weekend was full of counting pennies before swiping any of my cards. 

Serentiy CL making a second marriage work

Serenity
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-28-2013 - 5:43pm

We are doing ok.  I'm getting so tired of sending extra $ to mortgage but I know it is only for a couple more months & then we'll be done...It is so hard to stick with it.  It seems everything is so expensive, groceries & gas are killers.  We are good about cooking & eating at home but we like a large variety of things to choose from.  Roast in the crockpot today for french dips, then maybe I'll make a stew in the crockpot with the leftover meat tomorrow.  Spent $ on two baby showers & $ on gym class this week, sometimes you think you have a cushion in the checkbook & before you turn around it is all spent!  So here is to another frugal week.

Have a good one!

Cindylee

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-31-2013 - 10:02pm

Well, it's a little late in the week, but here I am. It has been very tight. I am starting to feel the pinch of unemployment. But, much like Serenity, I haven't seen any child support in the last four weeks. I seem to have a sixth sense about when it will arrive. It always arrives on a Tuesday. For some reason, I checked and it looks like there will be a deposit tomorrow. But I completely feel the pain when it doesn't arrive. I really hate needing it because I have no faith that it will arrive. Now that it has, I know this weekend will be expensive. Groceries must be bought, and some household supplies. I need to find a job...