Accountability Oct 29, 2012

iVillage Member
Accountability Oct 29, 2012
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 12:39pm

Hey all, how did your weekend go? I don't know if people can reply to posts, i can't yet. Just thought I would see how people did on the weekend. Did you stay on budget or overspend?

Marie just read your truck post. I think this is good that you guys are making the payments and using his previous truck to pay for son's education. I think this will sit better with you than the other way around? Believe me, I get the truck thing. They are supper expensive! But we use ours all the time out here and it is great to have something really reliable.

We bought a new gps that was not really planned for. Ours broke. And a new car seat for Lila. And we went to Costco. Ouch. What an expensive weekend. Plus I just found out I will have to pay back more child tax credits because I didn't alert them early enough that I was married and i was collecting as if I was single. I thought I had that cleared up!! Now I have to come up with like $800. I've already paid over $1200 back. I just don't have it right now. I might just leave it right now, the lady said it doesn't affect your credit rating and each month will just take off money they would be giving me. So I will leave it for a bit and see what I can do.

kt, I saw your Nov post. My heart goes out to you. Please don't give up and wait until he "learns". Grab onto one thing and still try to make a difference. Keep thinking of ways to get though, like foot ball jerseys are not going to help your daughter's future and she is getting older every day. Lots of people try to do this one their own and are not as successful but it usually works out better than giving up. Just don't feel deprived, because I can really tell the level of resentment in your post is super high. You know and I know this is not good and will blow.

I miss my tickers. My roof loan has gone down to regular payments at just under  $17,000 and we got a bit of extra money and put it on our truck loan which is now $6,486 and with regular payment. We are excited about this. 

Have a good frugal week everyone!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 12:52pm

My weekend has been alright considering "hurricane" Sandy.  I put it in quotes because we haven't been hurt too badly by it.  I wound up going out and buying some bottled water and additional food supplies for the house, as well as some other things I would need in case of a power outage.  I also filled my gas tank.  I'll say it was $150 total.

As far as my November goals post.  I needed to explode over it somewhere and I figured better here than in an email at my husband.  I was just so excited to have extra money (read: two card payments GONE) for other payments that when I saw the balances back up and probably two more months worth of payments I lost it.  There are a bunch of small appliances and other things that are going to need replacing soon and Christmas is also coming.  We have $600 leftover after this coming payday and I'm not going to say a word on how it's spent.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 4:21pm

Good weekend here. Hubby & I went to vote early Sat. morning and he treated me to breakfast $7 for both of us.  Horse fed and chicken feed came to $25 at the farmers co-op.  He made two trips to the store for what I thought was totally unnecesary, except he promised grandson a pumpkin to carve...cost of pumpkin $6...cost of junk food...I didn't ask :)

We raked leaves all evening just to see tons of them fall during the cold & windy day on Sunday, no thanks to Hurricane Sandy.

Take care everyone...snow in our forecast, not much, but burrrr....it was so nice last week. 

Community Leader
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 5:11pm

Let's see....

I bought our coffee on Sunday $4.50.  After 2:00 at Safeway starbucks special. 

Pumpkins $5.97

Didn't eat out at all. 

SO bought some groceries. 

Filled the tank.  $72.00.  Pretty sad, that is low!  I got an iced coffee in AM/PM for $1.79.  Cheaper than anywhere else. 

Oh!  In the grocery trip we got some Salted Carmel Mocha creamer.  I made my own Latte' today at lunch and it really does taste like what I buy!  I don't know about hot, but my iced one turned out great. 

Tried Carmel Machaito, but isn't quite the same. 

Serenity
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 10:48am

Counting my blessings today another beautiful fall day in Northern WY.  We had a good weekend, we babysat our granddaughter for the first time overnight!  They will be traveling for work for the next month or so, so we really enjoyed the time we had with our precious baby ; )  I am helping with our church bazaar this Sat, so I finished up all my vanilla for Christmas, I am donating 5 bottles to the church bazaar.  I also volunteered to make a pie as we serve soup & pie for lunch, so of course I had to do a trial run of the pie this weekend to make sure it tasted good, I did a coconut cream - new recipe & yep it was delicious!  We picked up a christmas present this weekend & ordered our son's December birthday present, so we are starting to get on track for the holidays.  My DIL wants pampered chef, so I am waiting to get her list & get that stuff ordered.  I would also like to surprise her with something...not sure what yet & not sure what we will get our son either...We are going to try to have everything done by the weekend of Thanksgiving.  We are going on vacay  for 10 days in Dec., so we need to have everything for Christmas handled so we can enjoy the holiday when we get home.  We draw names on my DH side, so hopefully we can do that this weekend.  We don't buy gifts on my side of the family.  I'm pretty much set with my 5 bosses, bought little wooden crates to put homebaked goodies in for them & a bottle of my homemade vanilla too.  Hoping to add $50 to our EF to bring it over $4000 & mortgage is down below $49,000!!  However, we do have over $600 in Dr. bills that hit this month so we have to start paying that down...

Have a good & frugal week!!

cindylee 

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 10:28pm

We took the kids to McDonalds on Sat ($20). It was a miserable day and they have a great play area. DS1 claimed he didn't want to go skating...of course, he freaked out when we pulled up to the house that we didn't go.

Sat and Sun, Dh went to so I just baked/cooked.

I'm totally po'd at my own DH right now. He signed us up for a fruit platter for the Halloween party at school. Out of season fruit is EXPENSIVE - what the $%^# is he thinking when we have no money? PLUS - you can't pre-make cut up fruit like you can a cupcake or something. I mean really. We could have made witches fingers or something cheap and easy..

Dee