Accountability Sept 23, 2013

iVillage Member
Accountability Sept 23, 2013
Mon, 09-23-2013 - 9:10am

How was everyone's weekend? Was it pricey or frugal? Let us know!

Friday night I had an interview for a job. It felt good. We will see! I will keep you posted.

Saturday night I was part of surprise party for my sister in law for a bbq. So with a cake and buns and condiments it was $75 for my husband and I. That was our gift, plus all the organization it took which was not easy lol! 

Sunday and some of Satuday my husband work a bit of a second job so that will be nice extra cash when he gets it. I went for a walk and watched a movie on Sunday and played with the baby. A good day and no money spent. 

I am doing meal prep again so I took out a chicken and will do a roasted chicken supper tonight and make soup tomorrow and perhaps freeze it. I have a lot going on in my fridge right now with the cream of carrot soup I made and the home made spaghetti sauce lol.  I love fall meals!!

Have great week everyone!

Community Leader
Mon, 09-23-2013 - 9:45am
I can't wait to start using my crock pot more often for soups, etc., but its still hot here in the south, so it'll be a bit longer before I use it more than once or twice a week. Had a good weekend, the oldest is finally at college and settling in this coming week. Overall we did well this weekend, I spent about $130 on groceries and got my $40 in spending money out for the week, and filled up my tank yesterday evening, no other money used. i have a bunch of stuff I need to put on ebay this week that I will eventually use for some christmas money.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-23-2013 - 2:45pm
Me too...fall means lots & lots of good for you soups and easy on the cook too!
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-23-2013 - 2:51pm

We made a trip to Walmart, which always means money spent, but I did keep it under $40.  

All day Saturday it poured the rain once again (getting close to 60 inches of rain for the year) so I gave the upstairs a very good cleaning and managed to clean a few windows also.  Sunday was a quick run to Walmart for hubby a new business phone and me a few household items, including pansies and potting soil that I put out that afternoon.  Got my weekend "fix" playing in the dirt.  

We have several chores on the farm to do that involve muscle, the tractor and chain saw.  Hoping for some nice dry weather on Saturday's so we can knock these out.  

Have a great frugal week!  My week started out super!  Refi went quick and easy!

Community Leader
Mon, 09-23-2013 - 6:09pm

A few groceries and gas. 

I ran out of gas for the first time in years and years in my new car.  Apparently gage is not quite right.  Being a new car and our trip to the water park, I had no idea how many miles would be concerning.  Now I know! 

DH made quite the splurge, and purchased us both leathers (his was used) and leather jackets for riding.  We have only had the bike a year, so still figureing out what works for us, and what doesn't.  So, waiting to sell anything.  Riding closet in the garage is starting to fill up!  Try to get used or clearence when ever possible, but it takes some trial and error.  He DID ask for a discount and they gave us 10% off.  And didn't charge for the alterations in our chaps.  Still a $800 day for DH.  Ouch!   Now I need new boots and helmet to match.  Kiss

Serenity CL making a second marriage work. 

Serenity
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-24-2013 - 2:24am

Congrats on the job interview!!

Friday is a bit unusual tho...? I just had an interview on Mon night so maybe not :)

We spent much more than expected. DH finally decided to replace some of his wardrobe (after many weeks of begging from me, lol). And we needed to stock up on Costco items. DH accidentally bought $20 of skin lotion!! he was too lazy to take it back so he'll be using it as shaving cream for the next 3 years!

Dee

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-24-2013 - 10:13am

hahahahaha too lazy to return it. That sounds familiar. For us Costco is an hour away but mine would be too busy/lazy to return it also, but I would probably return it!

Friday night yes well, he gave me many options to interview but that one worked the best for me so I grabbed it as hubby was home to watch the baby.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-26-2013 - 1:19am
I wouldn't return it for him bc he should be doing more than his share around the house and he hasn't been. This week he was off 4 days and he did ONE load of laundry! But on second thought, we were fantastic this week bc it was our anniversary and we spent ZERO. We are saving for our romantic ski trip this winter instead. :) Dee
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-26-2013 - 12:03pm

Galstore...I agree, meal planning for fall/winter seems easier...I too use the crockpot alot. Wow, this board is picking up at least the checking in!  Wonderful.  Kinda late in the week for me but here goes..we had a good week/weekend.  DH made it home from hunting with a deer, no elk.  We cut the deer up & will make some sausage later with the scraps going to try the deer steak tomorrow night, should be yummy.  DH is getting settled in his new job, the paychecks are bigger & full-time year round employment so we are really happy about that.  We need to look at our budget in January & see what kind of saving & investing we want to do.  Just treading water for the next couple of months until our mortgage is paid off. Starting to get the fall/winter clothes out, so sad to see summer leave.  Have a good & frugal week/weekend.

cindylee