Accountability Sept 30, 2013

iVillage Member
Accountability Sept 30, 2013
Mon, 09-30-2013 - 8:32am

How was your weekend, did you stay on budget or live it up?! Let us know!

Big Costco trip on Saturday.  I knew it was coming. We were out of diapers and diaper genie refills etc etc etc. I had quite the list going. $479. Diapers are 48.99 for 234 of them. Girls generally potty train faster than boys right? When do they start doing that again? At least she is out of the formula stage now, that stuff is liquid gold I tell ya. 

I had a two girl friends over for brunch yesterday. It cost probably $30 for food. They brought the champaign for mimosas, Lila could run around with out me chasing after her. It was great and there is plenty of fruit left over and desserts plus most of that hashbrown caserole I made. I had never made one of those before, super easy and pretty inexpensive.  I will serve it tonight as a side with supper.

Oh I forgot. I had been craving chinese food for about 3 weeks so I caved and got that friday night. $28, but we ate it twice on the weekend for left overs so it was so worth it.

Back to my diet this week, oh my belly was so full and happy this weekend!

Have a great week everyone!

Community Leader
Mon, 09-30-2013 - 11:32am

The middle one was stubborn and waited til 3 1/2, the last one was trained at 2 1/2, so it all depends on the kid I think... 

We had an expensive weekend.  I did well on groceries, $50 at the farmers market and $75 at the grocery store.  We did go out to dinner Saturday evening and then to the bargain theater for a movie.  DH paid cash for dinner out of side job money he had, and I paid for movie and concessions, around $30 for the 4 of us.  We stayed home yesterday, I put a few things up on craigs list from the oldest's bedroom, not getting any hits at all so far.  We are buying a new bed to go in her room this week sometime, my parents will be here on Friday for their week long visit and I need to finish getting that room ready for them. 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-30-2013 - 2:41pm

Great week as far as expenses.  I have $1000 in savings now and can put more back in the near future.  No real expenses to speak of this weekend.  DH picked up a few food items, mostly fruit & some walnuts and diesel and lawn mower gas.  We managed to get a lot of work done around the place as far as mowing for the fall and cleaning out flower beds and fence rows.

He's traveling to Miami this week, so just me and the dogs, the one horse and the chickens!

Community Leader
Mon, 09-30-2013 - 5:31pm

DH's birthday weekend.  DD13 made and decorated a cake and cupcakes.  Spent a few dollars on silly gel for her to decorate with, but way cheaper than buying a store bought cake, and more fun, too!   DD had a very well thought out design, mouse filled cupcakes, the whole nine years.  Worth every penny.

Went out to dinner with one of DH's kids and was tickled when they paid for DH's dinner!  Saved me $35! 

I had already grabed him a $9.00 CD and me and DD13 both signed a card from the dollar store. 

Nice to still have a few dollars in the bank when payday rolls around again.  Now it is time to get some savings!

Serenity
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-01-2013 - 1:52pm

We had a great weekend. We bought a Beetle bug w/barbie for a bday party only $20 and a gift certificate for the adult bday party $20. Then we bought some beer $15. But is was worth to have such a hassle free night :)

We did spend $280 and $200 on groceries, diapers, etc. But I outfitted the kids with their fall wardrobes, school stuff and we are all set. It seems like a lot but I replaced my cashmere sweater, DH got some jeans. Really stuff we needed. Our efund is from $0 to $1200 so I know we are okay.

Another month ahead!

Dee

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-02-2013 - 9:11am

Well, last week was an expensive one, but for good reason! Our little girl safely arrived on Monday of last week, as scheduled. She is beautiful and healthy and we are both doing well. With the back and forth for Daddy and the boys, travel and meals were pretty expensive, but well worth it. Hoping to get back to the frugal side this week, but it might take some catch up, as we are in desperate need of groceries. We are  breastfeeding and it seems to be going fairly well, so that should save quite a bit of money as well.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-03-2013 - 10:38am
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You sound like you are doing very well for only being a few days out of this birth. All the best!
Community Leader
Thu, 10-03-2013 - 12:23pm

Congrats, Racerchick!

Serenity

Serenity