Accountability Aug 28, 2013

iVillage Member
Accountability Aug 28, 2013
Mon, 08-26-2013 - 10:15am

Hi Everyone! How did your weekend go? Did you stay on budget or spend, spend spend?

I worked Saturday and we went for ice cream and worked in the yard and house on Sat and Sunday.  So $6.00 for the splurge, not too bad. I  also took the baby to my friend'ls pool. I brought food and  a few beers with me so all was out of regular budget. 

6 more days at the store! So much to do! Hope all goes well all week and there is a smooth transition!

Community Leader
Mon, 08-26-2013 - 10:27am

It was an expensive weekend for us, but profitable for DH all around.  We had a date night planned, last one for quite some time as we are losing our babysitter (ODD).  We had dinner and a movie planned and a night out at a hotel.  We changed dinner plans and the movie was sold out, but we paid cash for the entire night.  I spend quite a bit more at the farmers market than usual ($60), but was fine with that as I stocked up on a few homemade gluten free items for the middle one's school lunches.  I took the girls to payless and used a coupons for some new shoes to replace their current sandels that are in pretty bad shape and lastly a large trip to the grocery store, again, spent more than planned, but its going to take me a week or two to get into the groove of having to make school lunches again.  However, DH had some very profitable side jobs this weekend.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-26-2013 - 10:53pm

Hm...posted earlier but it disappeared, so i'll try this again.  We had a good weekend, got to babysit granddaughter for a little while & there is nothing better than a toddler to put a smile on your face.  We bought groceries for the week & have our meals planned out so should be an uneventful week.  As I posted above my Dh started his new job today, it went well & I think will be a good fit for him, plus no commute!  Feeling sad about the weather starting to change, we are getting a rain shower this evening but it is badly needed so that is a good thing.  Fall is a wonderful time of year just doesn't last very long here in Northern wyoming. 

have a good & frugal week

Cindylee