Improving Your Finances in 2014

iVillage Member
Improving Your Finances in 2014
Thu, 01-02-2014 - 9:10am

Are you ready to overhaul your spending patterns, start funneling more money into your bank account and buy better (and safer) products in 2014? If so, you've come to the right place. We've rounded up our favorite money stories to give you the bite-size nuggets you need to get your financial resolutions in place. Here are 25 ways to improve your finances in the new year.

25 Ways to Improve Your Finances in 2014- http://money.msn.com/personal-finance/25-ways-to-improve-your-finances-in-2014-1

What changes are you planning to make to your family finances this year?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-06-2014 - 9:36am
We are really focusing on building a solid savings account. Little by little, I hope to have a good chunk of change built up by the end of the year.

Photobucket

Community Leader
Wed, 01-08-2014 - 5:03pm
DH went from being self employed and working for himself (and barely breaking even) to working for someone else. So for 2014, essentially both of us are making more, I just got a raise, so we are funneling the entire increase into debt reduction and saving for a newer car for me in the fall. We are also cutting back on a few things to also put towards debt. And, in the fall the littlest one enters kindergarten, so our daycare bill gets cut in half, that's definitely another big raise!
Photobucket