Things That Will Cost More in 2014

iVillage Member
Things That Will Cost More in 2014
Thu, 12-26-2013 - 10:19am

nflation’s effect is much more pronounced on the least wealthy Americans, who have less of a financial cushion with which to deal with rising costs, and whose incomes have stagnated since the Great Recession even as the highest earners have seen their wages rise. Between 1992 and 2012, the gap between the highest and lowest earners aged 35 to 44 jumped by 21 percent, according to an analysis by Bankrate.com.

Any increase in prices can have an impact on the economy, since consumer spending typically accounts for two-thirds of the U.S. economy. U.S. GDP is expected to expand at about 3 percent next year. In the third quarter of this year, GDP grew at an annual rate of 3.6 percent, following a 2.9 percent increase in the second quarter.

Of course, there are certain items that may see a cost increase far beyond the 3 percent inflation, and many of them are things you use every day. Here’s a list of 8 things that will get more expensive in 2014.

http://money.msn.com/personal-finance/8-things-that-will-cost-more-in-2014-1

Groceries are going up (again!).  How will these increases impact your budget in the coming year?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-27-2013 - 9:58am
Ugh. Groceries going up AGAIN! I swear that we spend so much money on groceries already. Time to adjust my budget I guess. Yuck.

Photobucket