12/27/12 This week's check-in

iVillage Member
12/27/12 This week's check-in
Thu, 12-27-2012 - 7:14pm

Hello,

I tried posting this on 12/26 but my internet has been extremely slow.

Did you have a good holiday?

Did you get any crochet or knitting related gifts for Christmas?

Did you have an opportunity to knit or crochet?

Is there anything that you are looking forward to in 2013?

Have a great weekend.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-27-2012 - 7:20pm

Did you have a good holiday?  We had a good Christmas

Did you get any crochet or knitting related gifts for Christmas?  Actually I bought myself a book, "The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet" by Margaret Hubert

Did you have an opportunity to knit or crochet?  I worked on a baby afghan that I would like to have done before the end of January.

Is there anything that you are looking forward to in 2013?  New grandbaby due in late January, vacations, camping and a lot of other things.

Photobucket

Community Leader
Thu, 12-27-2012 - 9:19pm

Did you have a good holiday?   We did have a nice holiday even though it was very different.

Did you get any crochet or knitting related gifts for Christmas?  My MIL made me a very nice knitted ruffle scarf.  It inspired me to order six skeins!  LOL! 

Did you have an opportunity to knit or crochet?  I did do a bit of crocheting Christmas afternoon and again yesterday.  I finished my Round Scarf and made two earflap hats for the granddaughters.

Is there anything that you are looking forward to in 2013?  My granddaughters arrival if she waits that long, learning new knitting techniques, learning to sew, learning how to train horses and hopefully some wonderful memories with my family.  :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-28-2012 - 9:53am

Did you have a good holiday? Mostly good. I'm feeling like a lazy slob but my mother will NOT let me do anything around her house.

Did you get any crochet or knitting related gifts for Christmas? DH got me a yarn bowl made by a very good (local craftsman) potter who doesn't really have the concept of yarn bowls. It's a tall pot with lots of holes around the edge. Right now, I'm keeping spindles in it. It might be great for plying multiple strands from small-to-medium sized skeins.

Did you have an opportunity to knit or crochet? Been spinning. Truth, I brought one crochet project, but it's originally designed mittens and I was kind of afraid someone would laugh at it (DH has huge hands, and these are supposed to be oversized, so I can line them) I also don't have quite enough yarn to finish and it doesn't quite qualify as "mindless" work.

Is there anything that you are looking forward to in 2013? Doing those mittens in the privacy of my home, finishing the filet peacock, trying that multicolored doily pattern, dying custom colors, dalek hat with added flaps, maybe finally do a newsboy hat for myself.

Have a great weekend. Flying home. miss my dog (who DOESN'T put her nose on the table while I'm eating, or lick my pants).

Cthulu Crochet

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-31-2012 - 11:45pm

Did you have a good holiday?

Yup! 

Did you get any crochet or knitting related gifts for Christmas?

My mom bought me some yarn and a stitch counter.  My older sister bought me some more yarn after Christmas.  I love making her girls stuff :)

Did you have an opportunity to knit or crochet?

I just made my self a shawl type of wrap and I'm making my younger son a striped & ribbed scarf.  I made 2 hats & finished my niece's scarf.  No clue where the time came from but that's ok. :)  1 more day and back to work.

Is there anything that you are looking forward to in 2013?

lots of stuff... mostly centered around my fam. :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 6:17pm

Hi Angie

What type of yarn to order?

Woohoo for your finishes....scarf and two earflap hats.

What kind of horses do you have or want to train?  I used to quarter horses and paints.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 6:31pm

Hi ca_dreamer,

The yarn pot sounds cool.

You must be getting a pretty good handle on spinning your own yarn.

Sounds like some nice projects lined up for this year.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 6:44pm

Hi Yarnteacher,

Welcome to Knitting & Crocheting.  Sorry, I didn't welcome you sooner but I iVillage wouldn't allow me to log in.

What type of yarn did you receive?

I guess where the time comes from to do knit or crochet isn't important....just being able to work on our projects is all that matters.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 7:52pm
I'm still Mommy2zoo... just irritated I could not log on. ;) My sister gave me some Bernat Softee Chunky and 2 skeins of different Loops & Threads ones. I already made my niece a cream colored hat with a big red flower on it :)