Take a Stitch Tuesday 2012 - Week 49

iVillage Member
Take a Stitch Tuesday 2012 - Week 49
Tue, 12-04-2012 - 11:25am

Week forty nine's stitch is called the Buttonhole eyelet flower: http://pintangle.com/2012/12/04/take-a-stitch-tuesday-buttonhole-eyelet-...
RETREATS and more...

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-04-2012 - 11:35am

Here is my attempt Buttonhole eyelet flower:

but I have to say, my experience with this stitch (and several of the others this past year) have shown me that free-hand embroidery is NOT my thing. Stitchery is supposed to be relaxing, calming, etc. All this kind of embroidery does for me is cause a major emotional melt-down... My hands seem to grow larger and clumsier, I can't make sense of even the clearest photograph tutorial and I spend more time ripping out and sweatring at the entire world than actually stitching!

Also, I simply don't see the use for many of these stitches and I'm not likely to go out there and vreate "art" like many of the others in the challenge are doing.

So I suspect I will not participate in 2013's modified challenge. I don't need the aggravation. I will contriue to post links to TAST, showing the highlights as well as the instructions for how to do the stitches. But you probably (who knows, I might just change my mind after I cool down after this stitch and forget how angry it made me) wont' see any examples of my stitching in the threads.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-10-2012 - 9:32am