Two completions - pictures to follow

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-03-2001
Two completions - pictures to follow
5
Sun, 04-24-2011 - 8:13pm

Both needlepoint.

The first was a Stitch & Zip ereader case in a pattern called "Coffee Break".

The second was the first

Community Leader
Registered: 07-31-1998
Mon, 04-25-2011 - 2:24am

WOW! Was that the Janet Perry that you hadn't gotten started when I was up at your place? I really wish we had had time to just sit and stitch. I have managed to get two more corners done of the patterned couching. One more to do! My this is tough and managing two needles and threads at the same time is difficult. But I am learning new things and that is fun.

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-03-2001
Mon, 04-25-2011 - 11:45am

It was --- and I know what you mean about tough. I discovered that the braid from my stash wouldn't cover so I had to use four strands. I find Kreinik braid hard enough to handle with one --- four in one needle was h-e-double-hockey-sticks! It needed to be "laid" but doing the piece in hand and stitching with the other meant no way I could lay those braid stitches down. And then I dropped my needle... AAARGH!

Oh, adn the pink and purple WDW I was using? The pink went orange when it was finally stitched. Luckily, there was a perel cotton at the yarn store up the road so I could more-or-less match the pale orange with a darker one but who would have thought: purple and orange? You will see when I post the photo how different the finished piece is from her blue-and-pink one!

iVillage Member
Registered: 05-23-2001
Mon, 04-25-2011 - 8:26pm

My goodness Carol, you must have done a LOT of stitching after I left!

Liz

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-03-2001
Tue, 04-26-2011 - 12:26pm

Well, there was only background left on teh ereader case so It moved pretty fast after I got the edges stitched. And the bargello piece was only 2" in diameter and long stitch goes a LOT faster than tent or basketweave!

Actually, I did have a packet of #26's which surely would NOT have been threadable (is that a word) with the three-ply wool that the third kit uses. And two beading needles! And I did have the needle I used for the ereader case but it was a smaller size too, made for six-strands of DMC... So I did read instead!

And then, the next morning, in the light, I found the large tapestry needle eye up in the carpet, under the coffee table! I had run my hands under there, in teh dark of course, and never felt it! So the kit is back in action again! NEXT time I will bring spare taperstry

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-03-2001
Sat, 04-30-2011 - 11:08am

Here are the photos I promised...

"Coffee Break - all in six strands of what I assume to be DMC floss":