Weekly goals, August 13, 2012

iVillage Member
Weekly goals, August 13, 2012
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 9:07am

At least it's not Friday, the 13th.

The Olympics are over (some of it was exciting but I am, as ever, so disappointed in NBC and their inane commentators (Ryan Seacrest for gosh sakes?), the tendency to play the same event over and over and over, the constant commercial interruptions... I didn't watch the opening cemeonies and fell asleep half-way through the closing ones --- beginning to think the people who put on these shows should reconsider how much they cost when they hace absolutley NOTHING to do with the Olympics themselves, and simply go with a "bring in the flag, bring in the torch, and open the" scenario! Think how much money they could save!

Anyway, what happened with your goals last week? And do you have any for this week?

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 9:23am

Last week, the fair ended, Mary was still in Wyoming and my schedule was somewhat altered because of those two things...

Tuesday  

• - CSA pick-up back on === DONE
  • - Pick up my needlework at the fair between 5 and 7 PM! === DONE, sort of. Took a nap after CSA pick-p and overslept!Had to go in Wednesday AM. 

Wednesday 

• - housecleaner comes === DONE
  • - pay bills and balance the accounts === DONE, but it was Saturday when I got around to it.

Thursday - Quilt Guild meets === DONE

And stitching!   "Birds of  Feather" !  === DONE at least a little. And there will be the usual new Take a Stitch on Tuesday ....  === DONE and posted; as well as the color palette/crazy quilt journal/bead journal project === DONE and posted. Also stitched two of the 13 sections for August for "Kimono - Revisited" 

Other unscheduled things that happened - a leak in the powder room toilet resulted in a plumber call on Wednesday and $330+ to repair that and a leak in the master bath shower that was staining the stopped ceiling in the basement (now we have to deal with a ruing floor board in the powder room and stained ceiling tiles in the basement)  A notary stopped in in the wee small hours Thursday AM (8 AM is wee small to me) for the final signing of papers on the sale of our Sea Ranch vacation rental. Later that morning, the HVAC contractor checked out our furnace and AC and gave it a clean bill of health for the next six months, 

Also spent a HUGE amount of time trying to copy all of my blog posts and photo albums since the Multiply site will delete all blogs and blog-related material on December 1 and haven't provided us with a way to export... I think I have a solution but will have to test it out this week...

So this week:

This week, Mary is still in Wyoming  (I think) , but my schedule seems to be getting back to normal, with a few exceptions. For example, I must continue to  work on getting that blog transferred...

Monday

- a friend is coming by at noon to look at two of my fair winners --- she wants to buy them!

- I'm calling utilities and insurance agents to cannel contracts/policies on our Sea Ranch House. The sale went through and closes Tuesday. We've already singed all the paperwork.

Tuesday  

• - Girls' Night Out - with Janice at least. 
  • - CSA pick-up 
  • - Pick up my needlework at the fair between 5 and 7 PM! 

Wednesday 

• - housecleaner comes
  • - pay bills and balance the accounts 
  • - haircut

And stitching!   This is a stitchathon week over at Cross Stitch Crazy and the weekend coming up is International Hermit and Stitch Weekend so I hope to put in a lot of time on "Birds of  Feather" !  And there will be the usual new Take a Stitch on Tuesday ....  as well kitting out the latest Mitten & Mini-Sock piece.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 3:48am

Well, the week is almost over, but I'm going to post so I don't go missing in action again.  So Carol,  you've sold the Sea Ranch place.  Good for you....but too bad for Mary Francis & me.  I really enjoyed my visit there with you.  Anyway, here's my goals from last week:

Make a last trip to our local needlework shop, Regal Rabbit, for their closing day to buy canvas & floss I forgot to buy last week for projects I bought then & at EGA Greater Pacific Region Seminar in Tacoma.  DONE

Stitching Guild stitch-in on Weds.  DONE

Work Redwood Stitchers table at the Fair on Friday  DONE.  Bob went with me & popped in & out.  No one else had signed up for that day, so I went an hour or so early for part of the morning shift too.

Order yellow aida for bookmarks I promised to make for cousin's sons  NOT DONE

FOR THIS WEEK:

Order yellow aida for bookmarks I promised to make for cousin's sons

Order stretcher bars & floss I wasn't able to get at Regal Rabbit

Take Uncle Bob to dr.

Work on Kissing Pillows while waiting for materials to arrive for projects I want to start.

Mail bookmark that I stitched for her to my Cousin's granddaughter

Liz

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 9:05am
lizinsr wrote:

Well, the week is almost over, but I'm going to post so I don't go missing in action again.  So Carol,  you've sold the Sea Ranch place.  Good for you....but too bad for Mary Francis & me.  I really enjoyed my visit there with you. 

Well, our plan is as follows --- if we want to go back to Sea Ramch, we'll rent! A lot cheaper than a monthly mortgage, taxes, insurance, maintenance, repairs, utilities, etc. And we'll make sure there is room enough so we can have friends visit us when we are there! How's that?

Hope you got some good eals at the store close-out... and that teh woner was a little less contentious than her sign in the window! LOL

Tell us about the Stitcher's Fair... what exactly does it entail? Is it an EGA event or are there more groups involved ?

CL for "

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 11:21pm

Oops!  I guess I didn't word that too well.  Our Redwood Stitcher's table was at the County Fair.  We are set up in front of the main needlework display.  We sign up for one of two 2 1/2 hr. shifts each day although we don't always get all the shifts covered.  This year the local ANG chapter covered some of the shifts too.  We put up a sign for our Open House in Sept. with a sample of the free project that will be taught that day & have an interest sheet where people can sign up to get a reminder & a copy of our next newsletter.  Then the interest sheet gets divided up among the board members to be contacted.  We got quite a few new members this way last year - most of them have even stuck with us!

I have to admit your idea of renting versus owning at Sea Ranch does make sense.  Maybe you'll have to come out during Fair season next year & come join me at our table.

Liz

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 10:15am
lizinsr wrote:

Oops!  I guess I didn't word that too well.  Our Redwood Stitcher's table was at the County Fair.  We are set up in front of the main needlework display.  We sign up for one of two 2 1/2 hr. shifts each day although we don't always get all the shifts covered.  This year the local ANG chapter covered some of the shifts too.  We put up a sign for our Open House in Sept. with a sample of the free project that will be taught that day & have an interest sheet where people can sign up to get a reminder & a copy of our next newsletter.  Then the interest sheet gets divided up among the board members to be contacted.  We got quite a few new members this way last year - most of them have even stuck with us!

Oh, I get it --- DH's Master Gardener's Group does that as well. And our quilt guild sort of does in that: on Senior Day (seniors get in free), which is also Quilt Day, a whole building is set aside for quilts and things quilt-related (there are quilts hung for display --- not for judging, and at least three "classes" during teh day on various aspects of quilting) and the guild mans some tables, doing demos, etc. Sadly, they aren't very good at promoting themselves --- when I wanted to join a guild, I had to ask at least four people before I could find someone who had info on joining!

lizinsr wrote:

I have to admit your idea of renting versus owning at Sea Ranch does make sense.  Maybe you'll have to come out during Fair season next year & come join me at our table.

Would LOVE too!

CL for "