Weekly goals, August 27, 2012 (please check in)

iVillage Member
Weekly goals, August 27, 2012 (please check in)
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 10:37am

Every week, some of us set goals --- or compaile a to-do list, if you prefer --- and report in here as to how we did the week previous.

Care to participate?

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 10:44am

Last Week my to-do list included:

Monday - need to call pharmacy to refill my prescriptions for pick-up later in the week. ===DONE

Tuesday  

• - Girls' Night Out , maybe. Depends on Janice ===DONE
  • - CSA pick-up ===DONE

Wednesday 

• - housecleaner comes ===DONE
  • - pay bills and balance the accounts ===DONE

And stitching!   Catch-up time --- the usual new Take a Stitch on Tuesday  ===DONE....  as well last week's, the latest Mitten & Mini-Sock piece  ===DONE and the latest Color through the Ages,  ===DONE to say nothing of "Kimono - Revisited" ===DONE (surprised? I actually stitched on it for two days, cursing and swearing 50% of the time. I HATE RAYON THREAD!)  And of course, "Birds of a Feather"... === DONE, if only for one day

Add to all of this some unannounced events: DH's HS class met for breakfast off schedule because a classmate was in town for just that day... so that messed up my Wednesday schedule, and we met with a load officer at a local back on Friday to discuss the pros and cons of refinancing this house - results to take to the financial advisor this week.

I actually accomplished everything I set out to do! WOO HOO! 

This week, pretty much the same but there are a few changes...

Tuesday  

• - meet with financial advisor (always ruins my day)
  • - Girls' Night Out  - is Mary back in town?
  • - CSA pick-up 

Wednesday 

• - housecleaner comes
  • - pay bills and balance the accounts 

And stitching!  There will be the usual new Take a Stitch on Tuesday,  to say nothing of "Kimono - Revisited". And of course, "Birds of a Feather". Got a lot of charts in the mail last week that work with the fair theme for next year and they are calling to me to kit at least two of them up... sooooo tempted!

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 4:27am

Last weeks goals: 

Work on bookmarks I promised to make for cousin's sons - DONE - Gus's is done & Leo's is coming along

Finish Kissing Pillows that I started while waiting for materials to arrive for other projects - DONE

Mail bookmark that I stitched for her to my one of my other cousin's granddaughter - Not Done

Take clothes to Consignment shop &/or thrift store - DONE, but now I have gone through & pulled out more things to go.

Finish clearing things out of bedroom so Bob can pull up carpet to replace it & floor after his watering "boo-boo" (don't even ask, just file it under "Men are stupid) - DONE, but he only had to take up one section, so too many things ended up piled up on the other half instead of put away. 

Massage - Rescheduled

This week:

Finish bookmarks for cousin's sons

Mail bookmark to my cousin's granddaughter, Lily

Take more clothes, etc. to thrift store

Put things back together in bedroom

Stitchers Guild board meeting

Liz

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 10:08am

Why do you keep putting off mailing Lily's bookmark? Come on, girl --- put it in an envelop, smack a stamp or two on it and SEND it!

How did Bob replace only a piece of the carpet and floor? I need to know because DH has to fix the water-damaged floorboards behind the toilet that was leaking in the powder room... and knowing him, he will put it off forever (we have paint sitting in my pantry for two years to cover the water marks from old leaks, a hole in the front door from where he changed out the hardware (and covered it with packing tape!), etc. etc. etc... and if that toilet hadn't leaked, he would never have called in the plumber who also found the source of the leak that was marking the basement ceiling (the MBR shower drain! MY DH is a classic example of a contractor --- get the project 95% fixed and walk away! 

CL for "

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 6:55pm

Well, we had a carpet remnant we've been hanging on to since we put this in a few years ago, so that part was taken care of.  But he pulled up the carpet enough to see how much flooring needed to be replaced & then sliced the carpet off there.  Then he just bought boards (2x4's?) & cut them to fit (an opportunity to use all those saws & tools he has) & replaced all the floor boards along the outside wall there.  Then laid the undercarpet (can't think of the word for it) & the new piece of carpet over it.  There is a little bit of a line showing, but I think that may blend in more with time.  It's taken him several days, but of course he wasn't working on it full time.  We are finally back in the bed instead of on the couches as of last night anyway.

I'm not sure why I haven't mailed Lily's bookmark.  I was using it as a sample at our stitcher's table at the Fair, but that's been over for a few weeks now, so now excuse.  Poor Lily!

Liz

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 9:20am

Hopefully, this will be the last of my disorganized posts:smileyhappy: 

The GrDs are back in school, I watch them afterwards on Fridays.  Since they both have piano lessons at that time, there won't be any sewing at our house until a school holiday.  This has led me to pack away their projects.

My new project is to make my first donation to Quilts for Valor for soldiers.  One of the 3 local WalMarts has put in a fabric department & I grabbed a lot of the sale patriotic prints.  Been collecting easy quilt patterns, prepping fabric.

DH's model RR buddy left early today after a 3 day visit.  Even though they spend a lot of time in the basement, there was disruption in my routine with meals & coffee breaks. 

My new camera arrived, so getting it set up & installed took a chunk of time. 

Oh yes, our DSs peach tree was loaded, so I've been busy making pie filling for Winter enjoyment.

NEXT WEEK -

Mon -It may be a holiday for some, but as the hurricane moves North, we are expecting extreme rain, so we may be bailing out the basement.

Tues - shop for mattress foundation in anticipation of getting rid of our high platform bed which I've fallen out of twice.

Weds - sort through close in the platfor bed drawers.  Time to get rid of the last of my office clothes.

Thurs - box up fashion fabric for donation to local group.  Once done, I've decided to take the doors off my supply cabinets in hobby room.  I need to move ironing board to open them & just want to be able to see what I have.

Fri - routine watching GrDs after school.

Sat / Sun - take advantage of damp soil to start transplanting shrubs & seed lawn.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 10:24am

We are expecting Isaac-caused rain as well - they say on the local weatehr late Saturday and possibley all day Sunday --- although, if the storm moves slowly, there will be less water to dump on us. The last forcast was 1 - 3" for our immediate area as the main track is expected to be south of us. A little late for the farmers though...

Mattress shopping ---we are goimg to have to do that too as, when I sat down on my bed last night, it "bit" me! There is a broken spring which has torn through mattress, mattress pad, sheet and last night me right where I sleep! After the roofing contractor comes and we sign his contract for our new roof, DH says he will help me turn the mattress for the interim while we look at new ones. JUST what we needed --- another expenditure (NOT!) --- that roof is going to be costly...). Almost like it KNEW we sold the vacation home and have a check (currently designated for the IRS) burning a hole in our pocket...

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 11:28am

Our rainfall is expected to be 6-12", so local news is warning folks to prepare. 

We only need to buy the foundation from the local company that made the mattress.  We found that our old Tempurpedic mattress got hard in Winter, & soft in Summer - I could feel the wood platform underneath.  The new mattress is one of those with individually wrapped vertical coils.  Soft yet firm, plus I don't feel DH move around the way I do on a regular innerspring mattress. 

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-31-2012 - 12:37pm

Our forcasters are downsizing the probablility we'll get ANY rain from Isaac. Apparenlty a cold front from Canda is causing ti to turn into teh south instead. AND still,w e are getting the wind-induced 95+ temps with high humidity! Horrid outside!

Turned the mattress yesterday afternoon so I would at least not be sleeping on that broken srping. Looking at mattresses today... or so DH says. I just want a mattress --- there's nothing wrong with my box spring! And I don't wnat one fo those extra-thick pillow-top things as I don't want to have to buy all new fitted sheets. SO it may be a real task finsding teh right mattress!