Weekly goals, August 6, 2012

iVillage Member
Weekly goals, August 6, 2012
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 10:22am

August is well under way with forecasts of hotter than normal adn dryer than normal --- AGAIN! Good time to stay indoors adn stith but AUgust is alaso a month when lots of events are squeezed in before school starts/ How about you? A full schedule?

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 10:34am

No kids here so my schedule doesn't vary that much but coming up is DH's HS Class "70th Birthday Party", scheduled to coincide with the Black Swamp Art Festival... could make for an interesting end of month. Meanwhile...

Last week, my goals were:

Tuesday  --- CSA pick-up back on (I assume, since we did get some rain and it has cooled off a little) === DONE

Wednesday 

• - housecleaner comes === DONE

• - pay bills and balance the accounts === DONE

Thursday (not Wednseday) was Quilt Day;(andSenior Day-which means free admission) at the County Fair so I will go see what, if any, ribbons my entries won. === DONE I didn't stay long. Even though it was supposed to be a cooler day, it was sweltering at 9:30AM inside the building where they were setting up for Quilt Day and while I had planned to look for my stitchery (6 ribbons) and then head over to the Quilt Show to lend a hand, I bailed on the latter... and went grocery shopping instead!

And stitching!   "Birds of  Feather" ! === DONE And there will be the usual new Take a Stitch on Tuesday === DONE  as well as the color palette challenge (which also means crazy quilt journal and bead journal projects to be started.) === STARTED picked out the fabric and sewed the basic block together.  I also stitched a small part of the Stash Buster Club assignment...

This week, the fair ends, Mary is still in Wyoming and my schedule is somewhat altered because of those two things...

Tuesday  

• CSA pick-up back on
  • Pick up my needlework at the fair between 5 and 7 PM! 

Wednesday 

• - housecleaner comes
  • - pay bills and balance the accounts 

Thursday - Quilt Guild meets

And stitching!   "Birds of  Feather" !  And there will be the usual new Take a Stitch on Tuesday ....  as well as the color palette/crazy quilt journal/bead journal project

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 11:57pm

We've actually had 2-3 coolish days, but it's starting to warm up again.  Luckily, we're still having our pattern of cool nights/mornings.  Hate it when it's hot at night too.  Here's my goals for this week:

Make a last trip to our local needlework shop, Regal Rabbit, for their closing day to buy canvas & floss I forgot to buy last week for projects I bought then & at EGA Greater Pacific Region Seminar in Tacoma.

Stitching Guild stitch-in on Weds.

Work Redwood Stitchers table at the Fair on Friday

Order yellow aida for bookmarks I promised to make for cousin's sons

Liz

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 11:52am

Closing day? Another LNS is going out of business? Oh NO!

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 3:19am

Well, even though she had a sign in her window that last day saying somthing about "another small business owner done in by Barak Hussein Obama" I kinda feel like she brought it on herself somewhat.  First she moved, but made very little effort to let people know the new location.  Also, she used to advertise in our Guild newsletter but when her last ad ran out (and we only charged $25 a year for a business card sized ad) we contacted her several times about renewing & couldn't get an answer from her.  Finally after running it for free 2-3 months we dropped it.  Later we had someone who really went all out to find advertisers, including yarn & quilt shops, who called her every month or so.  She kept saying she was going to be closing & so didn't want to bother.  That was over a year ago.  But since none of us really knew if she was open or not, we kinda stopped going there.  And as we got new stitchers, we told them about Needle in a Haystack in Alameda (an hour away) but didn't even think to mention Regal Rabbit.  Of course, she was mainly a needlepoint shop anyway, but she did carry some cross-stitch patterns/kits, some linen & lots of floss & threads.  Still, it is a shame that she closed, she'd been around for quite a long time.

Liz