Weekly Goals, January 21, 2013

iVillage Member
Weekly Goals, January 21, 2013
Mon, 01-21-2013 - 1:28pm

Happy Innaugiration Day (even if you aren't happy with the election outcome, the fact that we can do this every four years with smoothness and ease should be something to be proud of!)

Now, do you have any goals for the upcoming week? we'd love to hear about them!

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-21-2013 - 1:33pm

Last week, my goals were all set around having company at week's end. Guests arrived on Friday and departed on Sunday, with a presentation at the hosta and daylily society on Saturday being the main purpose of their visit. === DONE, two of the expected people came but the other two decided to drive up only for the day, so that halved the number of rooms we had to prepare.  But things went as planned, otherwise, and we had a good time!.

The rest of my weekly goals were:

Put that laundry away before it's time for the next load! === NOT DONE, and now we have a whole new load of bedding to wash! AAACK!

Put away the Christmas decor... before it's Valentine's Day! === DONE, and let me say, WHEW!

Tuesday - GIrls' Night Out with Mary and Janice === DONE

Wednesday:
    •    - Housecleaner comes === DONE

•    - pay bills and reconcile accounts === DONE

Thursday - Master Gardener's Recognition DInner === DONE

And I need to get on the phone and make those doctor appointments (optometirst, podiatrist) and reschedule a hair appointment I cancelled three weeks ago due to weather... === NOT DONE. My thyroid work-up came back and I can't make heads or tails of the letter but they haven't called me in so I assume it was OK. And I got a reminder from the hospital that it's time for my annual mammogram... This list keeps growing!

Stitching? - there's the BJP for 2013 === DONE, the Crazy Quilt Journal for 2013, === NOT DONE, "Red Thai Mandala" === DONE, and the latest "Mittens & Mini-Socks"  === DONE, at least the sock part ... to occupy my limited spare time! And I want to plan out what to do with BJPs 2010 and 2012 === DONE, sort of. Now that 2011 is "finished", it would be nice to see if I learned anything and can do a more polished job of finish-finishing...

And this week, my goals are:

Put that laundry away!

Tuesday - GIrls' Night Out with Mary and Janice

Wednesday:
    - Housecleaner comes
    - pay bills and reconcile accounts
    - the tax booklet came in from the accountant this week as well so taxes are now on the financial agenda...

Get on the phone and make those doctor appointments (optometirst, podiatrist, mammogram) and reschedule a hair appointment I cancelled three weeks ago due to weather...

Stitching? - Finsih the BJP for January 2013, the Crazy Quilt Journal for JAnuary 2013, and the Mitten in "Mittens & Mini-Socks"  to occupy my limited spare time! I need to stitch more on "Red Thai Mandala". And I want to start on the "finish-finishing" for at least one of the BJPs for 2010 and 2012...

CL for "

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 6:24am

Carol - I know what you mean about the laundry.  Thought I had gotten caught up, but somehow at least one section of the hamper is full again! Plus I need to do a load of sheets.  It just never ends.

Last weeks goals:

Finish on "Spring Banner" - Well, there was more stitching on the bottom square background tha I realized.  Did get that finished, but still need to do the beading.

Walk - Only once really & now that we've had warmer days I should really be taking advantage.

Get printer/scanner set up (buy ink?) - DONE, well the ink didn't get bought until Mon. but it's done.

Re-schedule dental appointment - DONE

Follow-up on tax ?. - Well, I think I finally found out where to get the answer to my ? but the MLK holiday has gotten in my way.

this week's goals:

Finish beading on "Spring Banner"

Walk

Stitching Guild Weds.

Follow-up on tax ?.

Pick-up & deliver Uncle Bob's meds

Wash sheets, etc.

Ian's court date Thurs.

Liz

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 12:57pm

Warmer days! we had a wind chill of around -13 last night and the city actually closed all schools for the day because of it. I NEED that warmer weather --- please send some this way... PLeASE?

CL for "

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 7:13pm

Yes, we've had a few days now that have made it to the low to mid 60's.  But the nights are still in the 28-29 range.  Now they're saying rain on Weds.

Liz