Weekly goals, October 11, 2010

iVillage Member
Weekly goals, October 11, 2010
Mon, 10-11-2010 - 2:11pm

Well, there is a lot to catch up on here with the read-only and then the new format...

So can you all check in and tell us what is going on in your lives? Did you have any goals for the last two weeks? Did you accomplish anything while we were read only? Do you have a to-do list for this coming week?

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-11-2010 - 2:15pm

For the week of September 29...

The Dishwasher was leaking and the plumber had just left. We needed to call Sears as the door wasn't closing on the door gasket and it was leaking from the door! SO DH went online with Sears, making an appointment for them to come out...

1. Pick up CSA delivery between 3 and 7 on Tuesday === DONE

2. between 8 and 10 - dishwasher repairman! === DONE - new gasket; have to wait 24 hours for it to "cure"> of course, no, teh door doesn't want to close...

3. Stamping Demonstration === skipped

4. Stitchery - stitch on "Witches Wheel" === just a little

5. Housecleaner is going to Florida for her birthday so I need to clean the house myself! == AAARGH!

6. Security service technician comes on Thursday (this week is repairman week!) === DONE and he FIXED it. For 8 years, that sensor has been installed improperly!

7. Bills and financial records === Bills paid,

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-11-2010 - 8:48pm

Successfully & safely sent DH to California (I miss him).

Cthulu Crochet

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-12-2010 - 9:27am

LAST WEEK -a bit of a fog, as I spent a lot of downtime adjusting to a new RX.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-12-2010 - 2:44pm

New cat? Tell us...

There are times I am GLAD to see my DH lave for a while. I get so much more DONE! But after three days, I'm wishing for his return --- this house feels so empty with just me and the cats.

CL for "

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-12-2010 - 2:48pm

Glad to hear the new RX is working for you. But don't you just hate that "break-in period"?

You are getting rain? They "promised" rain for last night and we never saw a drop. Now they are declaring fire hazard.

CL for "

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-12-2010 - 9:45pm

I'm surprised how much I DO miss him. We actually lived apart for about 2 months due to the job move, but I guess I was too occupied trying to find my way around a strange town. Mostly I'm not getting more done, but the kitchen is marginally cleaner than he usually leaves it.

The cat? Well, DH went out of town for a funeral. The lady was over 80, sick, and ready for an afterlife she was quite confident about. Being catless (the last of several cats died of old age some time ago) he promised to take her cat. This was complicated; I'd say expensive, but DH needed to be there anyway. (She was like another mother to him.)

Cthulu Crochet

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-14-2010 - 5:10pm

CL for "

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 11:39pm

Guess with all the changes I haven't missed too much here.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-20-2010 - 12:47pm

Good luck in the teaching --- I'm sure you will do well on that exam when it's time to take it. it's surprising how fast things come back when you are teaching!

Ouch - a sparking stove would bother me too. Oh well, an excuse to not cook means a reason to at out! And you will be so busy with teaching, that will actually be one less chore you have to deal with... Here's hoping service can b in a timely manner...

I know what you mean about hurry up and wait --- I hope you have time to answer their paperwork and not be penalized unfairly for their sloth.

I know you will miss your quilting but it can wait until things settle down.

CL for "