Weekly Goals, October 22, 2012

iVillage Member
Weekly Goals, October 22, 2012
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 10:08am

October is almost over, Halloween is near and I'm beginning to wonder how I will make it through the day with all this hammering and pounding on the roof! What was supposed to be done last Friday is only 1/3 done, rain again tonight and tomorrow and I fear we will never be clear of these roofers!

What do you ahe on your to-do lists this week? Any chances of actually accomplishing it?

CL for "

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 12:14pm

OK --- I'll work on that over teh weekend. Right now, I have the parking set up for threads I can't find but I'll do a new one for each folder each week starting on Monday and relocate threas to their home thread the next monday. How does that sound? 

CL for "

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-25-2012 - 4:50pm
That sounds like a plan. One of the bit Internet genealogy sites does it & moves to a folder for each month later.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 5:32pm

Hmmm ... I had only planned to keep those goig until the missing posts reappeared. Should I keep one going for all new tutorials no matter? In other words, put all sewing tutorials in a post at the top of the foler every week adn move them all to ther right thread at teh end of the week, using that station-holding post for the enxt week? I could do that... if it makes sense to you all!

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 5:04pm

Dropping in to let you know I'm still around.  I've been busy & didn't even know there was a change here.  I like the posts for tutorials.    My life can be categorized by subjects -

Garden - early cold snap killed enough plants in containers that it required sprucing up.  We did get one meal of green beans which I had planted in the flower bed.  Now it is warm & leaf colors are great to see, but hate all that cleanup.

House - simple fix on kitchen sink faucet turned into a day long hunt for a new one.  I must say the new generation of faucets sure are easier to install - DH did a minimum of swearing.

Grandaughters -   I watch them after school 1 day/wk & on school holidays. The first day off involved Halloween costume shopping.  What an adventure! 

Excess fashion fabric stash finally has a new home with local 4H council.  The GrDs helped unload it from my car & were pleased with the praise we received for the donation.

Sewing - Most immediate project is to make a petticoat to go under one of the costumes.  Luckily I have white pillowcases originally meant for embroidering & yards of ruffle edging bought on clearance ages ago.

Quilting - I finally found a pattern I can handle for first donation to Quilts of Valor and have fabrics picked out.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 10:18am

This is what I had to say last week...

... the roof comes off this house, starting [Monday] assuming the weather clears. Of course, it's drizzling, the gigantic dumpster they promised isn't here yet and neither are the workmen so maybe they won't be working today after all... === NOT DONE, at least not completely done, since it rained all day Monday AND all day Thrusday and Friday as well. So only 1/3 (more or less) of the house was torn off and re-rooofed.

Oh, and today (in less than an hour), we sign the refinance papers on the house we are living in. Should be a significant savings in the long run as we plan on paying into the loan what the Sea Ranch house mortgage was, which was a lot more than this one, even NOT refinanced, and that should pay a new 20-year loan off in 12 years! WOO HOO! === DONE

Otherwise, it's a normal week...

Tuesday 

• - Girls' Night Out - Again, Mary  won't be coming, so I'm meeting Janice instead. === DONE
  • - CSA pick-up (the last one for the year) === DONE

Wednesday 

• - housecleaner comes === DONE
  • - pay bills and balance the accounts === DONE

And stitching!  There will be the usual new Take a Stitch on Tuesday === DONE  and "Birds of a Feather" - specialty stitches === DONE and maybe a new Color Through the Ages too... === NOT DONE as it isn't here yet

Blog photos --- maybe I'll start uploading to Photobucket  one photo at a time... === NOT DONE

So this week...

More roofers (they were here at 8AM --- here's hoping that all that hammering means they'll be pretty well shingled by 5 since it's supposed to startraining around 5: 30 (if the weather man got it right) and continue through tomorrow!)

Tuesday  - GIrls' Night OUt - MAry is back!

Wednesday 

• - housecleaner comes
  • - pay bills and balance the accounts 
  • - haircut

And stitching!  There will be the usual new Take a Stitch on Tuesday and "Birds of a Feather" - specialty stitches! Maybe a new Color Through the Ages will have arrived as well...

CL for "