Weekly goals, September 17, 2012

iVillage Member
Weekly goals, September 17, 2012
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 11:18am

Fall is still with us, school zones are up and running (so traffic is a little sanrly at places), and two of my three alma mater football teams suck! Oh, well, at least it's cooler!

So, what are your goals for this week? How did you do last week (if you had an y set goals, that is). 

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 11:36am

Last week, I thought I had it all together. Hubris, that is what it was! Becasue I sure wasn't together at all!

Tuesday  

• - Girls' Night Out === DONE, and it was a good demo for a change
  • - CSA pick-up === DONE

Wednesday 

• - housecleaner comes  === DONE
  • - pay bills and balance the accounts  === DONE

Thursday - quilt guild. I need to remember to pick up my ticket for October's presentation, which is a trunk-show by a designer...  === NOT DONE Would you believe, I FORGOT! AAACK Looked at my watch after dinner, it was 7, asked DH if this was Thursday he looked at me kind of funny and said "yes" and there it was. Meeting had already started, I was 20 minutes away so...  No tickets for the trunk show and may not be able to get in. Oh well...

And stitching!  There will be the usual new Take a Stitch on Tuesday  === DONE and posted; "Kimono - Revisited" - the September sections === NOT DONE - it's so easy to put this off for some reason;  the crazy quilt block  for the Color Palette/Crazy Quilt Journal/Bead Journal Project Challenge === DONE at least the basic block is, and posted; Mittens & Mini-Socks - love the pattern this month (San Francisco Fog!) === DONE and posted; and the Stash Buster === DONE and posted!  And of course, "Birds of a Feather" === DONE - only two more DMC colors to go and it will be time to start on the metallics, the speciality stitches and the beads!.  Last week was the September Stitchathon over at Cross Stitch Crazy (or so they said - so I counted anyway, even though there's no follow-up over there: 2484 stitches this week on "Birds"!) and International Hermit & Stitch Weekend as well === DONE and posted on my blog(s) , so I will be concentrating on "Birds". However, I now belong to a card-making group on CraftBubbles and I need (well, maybe need is too strong a word; want is better...) to come up with a card for the September challenge... === DONE sort of --- I have two cards but am not happy with either.

This week it's a little more complicated!

I started off with paying four different tax agencies quarterly payments to his morning!  Pretty much wiped out all the "profit" and refunds gained from selling that house and we still have more to pay in January... to say nothing of a new roof October 15. Kind of sets the week off to a stressful start, KWIM? 

Tuesday  

• - Girls' Night Out - We were thinking of skipping the demo and just crafting at Mary's house, but they changed the demo schedule so...
  • - CSA pick-up 

Wednesday 

• - housecleaner comes
  • - pay bills and balance the accounts 
  • - haircut

Thursday - dentist

Friday - Volunteer Fire Department steak-out (we have tickets already and invited two friends to go with us)

And stitching!  There will be the usual new Take a Stitch on Tuesday; "Kimono - Revisited" - the September sections;  and the seam embellishments on the  crazy quilt block  for the Color Palette/Crazy Quilt Journal/Bead Journal Project Challenge! Got an email that "Color Through the Ages" won't be ready until October so there's a breather there... And of course, "Birds of a Feather".  

For the card-making group on CraftBubbles, I need (well, maybe need is too strong a word; want is better...) to come up with another, better card for the September challenge..., photograph all three and get them posted by the weekend...

As for blog(s), I'm all caught up on two and am working on getting photos into the third (slow but doable...but it means getting albums set up on Photobucket and it's running so SLOW today!). Multiply shutting down has really meant a lot of work on my part (they haven't provided a full solution for exporting yet and may never, given the rate at which they are moving) copying and rewriting so I can get everything up-to-date. Hoping that three parallel blogs means if one shuts down, there won't be another marathon scramble to back-up like this was/is!

I'm sure something else will pop up further complicating this to-do list. Here's hoping I don't forget any appointments or engagements this week though!

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 5:02am

Last weeks goals:

Put together bookmarks for the boys & gather samples of my work for Open House - DONE

Make finger food & lemonade for Open House - DONE  Ended up buying a goat cheese trio at Trader Joe's & crackers for the finger food.  Seemed to go over well - not much left (darn!).

Stitchers Guild Open House on Weds. - DONE  Great turn-out - 42 guests!  One was a woman I met last year when I worked as Extra Help for my old department.  She was about to retire at that time & was interested in joining.  So she finally made it.  But the real surprise was a woman I worked with for years.  I had no idea she was interested in stitching!  She did say it'd been a long time since she had done any, but used to love embroidery.  I do hope she joins - while she could be a bit prickly to work with sometimes, I always enjoyed her dry humor.  I'd enjoy getting to know her better. We did exchange email addresses.

Pap smear on Thurs. - DONE  Of course while I was there they suggested scheduling a mammogram too.  Wouldn't you know, there was an opening the very next day.  Lucky me.  Oh well, at least it's all over with.

Work on Halloween canvas work project - DONE  It's really coming along nicely.  I'm enjoying it a great deal.

For next week:

Mail the bookmarks for the boys 

Work on Halloween canvas work project

Contact Judy (former co-worker)

Bake something now that weather is a bit cooler

Go to Farmers Market 

Liz

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 11:02am

Sounds like your Open House was a great success! Hope a lot of those visitors join up and become contributing memebrs! New blood always invigorates a groupd, IMO!

Now don't forget to tmail those bookmarks! ;=)