Weekly Goals, week beginning December 10, 2012

iVillage Member
Weekly Goals, week beginning December 10, 2012
Mon, 12-10-2012 - 8:57am

Winter is full upon us here, even though we have yet to see snow. And we have contractors in our house, fixing all the damage caused by the leaky roof (whiich is now totally new and non-leaky)...

So I'm trying to work around a dark dreary day and a lot of pople coming and going... be patient with me.

Anyone have any to-do lists to sahre?

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-10-2012 - 9:20am

Last week

Christmas cards to address... the labels were printed but that's as far as I got. === NOT DONE,  got the stamps but stalled out...

Tuesday - Girls' Night Out  ===DONE

Wednesday  

•  - housecleaner comes ===DONE

• - pay bills and balance the accounts ===DONE

And stitching!  There will be the usual new Take a Stitch on Tuesday ===DONE and "Birds of a Feather" - the backstitching! ===DONE, mostly. Still the paisley motifs to backstitch And, of course, Michael Powell's "Home".. === NOT DONE. And Janet Perry's Mittens & Mini-Socks arrived so I did those as well (posted elsewhere in this folder) ===DONE

Oh, and a change in plans ended up with us going to a guided tour of a local greenhouse which does test planting of new varieties of poinsettias. He is also the only greenhouse in the region that grows poinsettias from cuttings for sale to groups like churches and the like... Imagine a HUGE greenhouse with nothing in it but pots and pots of poinsettieas of every hue! The owner is a high school classmate of DH's and he donates a wine-and-cheese tour to the parks foundation auction every year. The city Parks and Rec director bought it to thank all her volunteers and DH is one of them!  Great cheese and mulled cider and we came home with three potted poinsettias! I meant to take my camera but forgot so all I can show you are the three we came home with...

This one is called Chianti :

This one is called Christmas Rose:

and I don't know what this one is called:

So this week ---

Christmas cards? I sure hope so!

Contractors under foot (or more accurately overhead since they are repairing dmaged ceilings!). Definitely!

And the usual... with a twist!

Tuesday - Girls' Night Out 

Wednesday  

•  - housecleaner comes 

• - pay bills and balance the accounts 

Thursday - there is a concert by a Brass quintet at the local Methodist Church.

And stitching!  There will be the usual new Take a Stitch on Tuesday  and "Birds of a Feather" - the last of the and starting on speciality stitchesbackstitching!  And, of course, Michael Powell's "Home"..

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-31-2012 - 6:00pm
Oh Carol - the poinsettia tour must have been incredible! The three you brought home are beautiful.

Liz