Weekly goals, week beginning February 11, 2013

iVillage Member
Weekly goals, week beginning February 11, 2013
Mon, 02-11-2013 - 10:33am

Coming up on Valentine's Day. Hope you get lots of red roses and chocolates...

Any to-dos for the week? Care to share?

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-11-2013 - 10:40am

last week... more of the same, sprinkled with snow storms and doctors' appointments!

Put that laundry away! ===NOT DONE

Monday --- podiatrist appointment === DONE, and a clean bill of health, diabetes wise... but he wants me to wear shoes! AAARGH!

Tuesday - GIrls' Night Out with Mary and Janice, assuming the snow doesn't interfere... === DONE, although the snow did interfere somewhat.

Wednesday:
    •         DH's HS class breakfast === DONE

•         Housecleaner comes === DONE

•         pay bills and reconcile accounts === DONE

Thursday - see nurse practitioner for Well Woman Exam (8 AM! OMG) and get a scrip for my annual mammogram. === DONE

Friday - Toledo Symphony Concert ("Carmina Burana") === DONE, and it was wonderful, if a bit long and hard on the tush.

Get on the phone and reschedule a hair appointment I cancelled three weeks ago due to weather... === DONE (actually, DH called for his appointment and she asked if I was going to call her anytime soon so I went with DH on Thursday!)

Stitching? - Stitch more on "Red Thai Mandala" === DONE. Work Bead Journal Project butterfly. === NOT DONE  There will be another TAST === DONE and posted. And start on the "finish-finishing" for at least one of the BJPs for 2010 and 2012...=== DONE (cut sashing and started pinning to the  2012 blocks for hand sewing)

this week...

Monday - the plumbing contractor is here, right now to inspect the furnace. Someday I will have the courage to ask why they check the furnace AFTER winter is well under way...)

Tuesday

•         Financial Advisor to discuss various issues...
    •         GIrls' Night Out with Mary and Janice

Wednesday:
    •         Housecleaner comes

•         pay bills and reconcile accounts

Thursday - quilt guild meets

Friday - see general surgeon for consulation about my GERD (the insurance company is balking at my taking Nexium for such a long time).

Sunday -  DH is being installed as a board member of Friends of Wood County Parks and there is a luncheon...

Stitching? - Stitch more on "Red Thai Mandala". Work Bead Journal Project butterfly.  There will be another TAST... There is a new "Mittens & Mini-Socks" assignment. And work on the "finish-finishing" for the BJP 2012...

Oh, and that laundry still isn't put away and i's time to do another load! LOL

CL for "

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-12-2013 - 10:08pm

Still pretty nice during the days & chilly at night here.  Went to SF on Sun. to see "Wicked" again and it was a beautiful day in the City.

last week's goals:

Dentist - teeth cleaning - DONE - she even said I was keeping up my daily maintenance quite well. ;-)

Walk - DONE - Well, not as much as I should, but some.

Visit Uncle Bob? not done

Start small heart sampler (tea-dye fabric?)  DONE - decided not to tea-dye, but did get it started.

Also had my massage on Fri.

this week's:

Walk

Follow-up on Uncle Bob's finances & visit 

Work on small heart sampler

Stitching Guild on Weds.

Liz

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-12-2013 - 10:08pm

Still pretty nice during the days & chilly at night here.  Went to SF on Sun. to see "Wicked" again and it was a beautiful day in the City.

last week's goals:

Dentist - teeth cleaning - DONE - she even said I was keeping up my daily maintenance quite well. ;-)

Walk - DONE - Well, not as much as I should, but some.

Visit Uncle Bob? not done

Start small heart sampler (tea-dye fabric?)  DONE - decided not to tea-dye, but did get it started.

Also had my massage on Fri.

this week's:

Walk

Follow-up on Uncle Bob's finances & visit 

Work on small heart sampler

Stitching Guild on Weds.

Liz

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-13-2013 - 10:26am

I can't wait to see that Valenitne sampler.

I never saw "Wicked". When it came here, the tickets were so pricey and the run of the play so short that we never even considered going. Trouble with being a small city off the beaten track (and it is a city with two very unsuitable theaters for staging Broadway plays --- very bad points of view, not much better acoustics and generally much too small to make setting up a complex play profitable) is that we never really get a good "theater" experiece. I miss San Francisco becasue of all the wonderful theater opportunities...

Now the Toledo symphony, on the other hand, isn't a bad buy considering the hardness of those seat cushions and the fact that there are no arms on the seats! LOL We are signing up to go see Beethoven's Pastoral in two weeks now...

CL for "

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-14-2013 - 7:10am

The Heart sampler is actually supposed to be a scissor fob.  It's a freebie pattern at drawnthread.com.  I decided to do it because there are hearts using about 6 different stitches.  Seemed a good way to try a few new ones.

Liz