Weekly goals, week beginning January 7, 2013

iVillage Member
Weekly goals, week beginning January 7, 2013
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 11:22am

Second week of 2013. How are we doing with regard to setting and keeping to goals? Any progress reports to share?

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 11:37am

last week my goals were simple!

In addition to laundry (two days, all washed, dried and folded but not yet put away) === STILL NOT PUT AWAY! , I made a New Year's Eve meal (roast beef) and a pot of Senate Bean Soup for New Year's Day.  the rest of the week is as usual, considering the weather...

Wednesday:

1. - DH's HS class bereakfast
 === I SKIPPED IT
  2. - Housecleaner comes
 === DONE  
  3. - pay bills and reconcile accounts === DONE

Thursday - blood work-up (what my brother calls the "old people blood work" at hospital for Dr's check-up next week. === DONE, and at the Doctor's that evening. They called to ask me to set up an appointment which I had done six months ago, but it turns out they didn't record it or something. Good thing they called!

And stitching - there's the BJP for 2013 === STARTED, the Crazy Quilt Journal for 2013 === STARTED  and an Elizabeth Almond blackwork piece to occupy my spare time === WORKED ON! In additoin, I tackled assmbling my 2011 BJP pieces into a wall hanging. After lots of ripping, its now a "top" awaiting batting  (the batting I had was too small, SIL had some but I forgot to pick it up so...) and tying (I'm not going to try to quit around those encrursted masks --- too close together and sbesides, it's way to heavy!!).

And last night was a surprise birthday dinner for BIL and engagement party for his daughter (our niece). We met the young man at CHristmas dinner but we had no clue this was in the works!

Oh, and I READ A BOOK --- not a very good one, I fear, even though ti was related to one of my favorites (PRide and Prejudice) and one of my favroite authors (P.D. James): "Death Comes to Pemberly". At least I paid only eBook prices!

This week...

Put that laundry away! That is goal one! Goal two is to put away the Christmas decor...

Tuesday

- appointment with the nurse practitioner. I think I will bring up what appears to be a mild, chronic UTI as well as a really painful right shoulder.... but I'm pretty sure my blood work is AOK.

-GIrls' Night Out with Mary and Janice

Wednesday:

1. - Housecleaner comes

2. - pay bills and reconcile accounts (AAACK, tax filings are beginning to raise their nsaty head and I have to call the bank and get a CD and a savings account merged and transferred to a high(er)-interest savings account - before the 12th!)

Thursday - quilt guild

And stitching - there's the BJP for 2013, the Crazy Quilt Journal for 2013, that BJP 2011 wall hanging and an Elizabeth Almond blackwork piece to occupy my spare time!

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 3:55pm
I've got empty boxes sitting in front of me to put away the Christmas decorations too. I'm trying to avoid it, and I promised not to do it when my daughter is around because it makes her sad. Me too, the house looks so plain after.
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 5:59am

Well, you're both making me feel better - my Christmas decorations are still up too!  Anyway, here's last weeks goals:

Start "Spring Banner" - DONE

Walk - DONE kinda - only went out to just walk once, but did park a block away from the library (and avoided the meters) & didn't take the closest parking spot when going other places.

Massage on Friday - DONE

Get printer/scanner set up (buy ink?)  not done yet

For this week:

Work on "Spring Banner"

Walk

Stitchers Guild on Weds.

Get printer/scanner set up (buy ink?)

Take down Christmas decorations

Liz

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 11:30am

lizinsr wrote:
<p>Well, you're both making me feel better - my Christmas decorations are still up too!  </p>

Well my excuse (beyond pure laziness) is a rotator cuff injury that is making "reaching" very painful, and one has to "reach" to get ornaments off a tree, right? That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! LOL

CL for "